Sign in to follow this  
coastaldriver

P3DV5.2 + AS - Real Weather and Clouds

The latest version of AS is working well with P3DV5. Using EA and Volumetric Clouds and doing some weather feed tests first time I have seen active thunderstorms and lightning generated in one place (KRND). What was impressive was the random nature of the lightning which was not a single type but a variety of shapes and lengths across the field of vision. The cloud texture and colour (from the ground was consistent with real TS weather) the precipitation varied and looked ok too. Still working on some possible changes to the volumetric cloud config to see if that blocky look of cloud below at high altitudes can be improved. Overall AS is working well with EA and Volumetric Cloud as is - haze is variable but depends on altitude and location as well. A couple of screens for info:

Thunderstorms rain and lightining at KRND

iWq1RI3.jpg

Moving south to Uiashia in Patagonia. Heavy cloud, snow showers and windy. Again quiet accurately represented espcially the falling snow! First time I have seen this in the sim too!. 

czvjOGR.jpg

• Like 1

Shot from the cockpit - snow showers, wind on the water was creating dynamic wave crests and white caps. All in all with P3D, NVIDIA wave motion and AS driving the delivery if your not impressed with this now I guess some folk never will be. 

B64F2cZ.jpg

wBlsMj8.jpg

• Like 3