Sign in to follow this  
Matthew L

Feedback - After a week

So I’ve been using FS2Crew for the FBW A32NX for a week now. I am a first time FS2Crew user, so I haven’t used any previous products before. This is just my feedback.

Current Features:

Tooltips: The tooltips feature is great! As a first time user, I found it quite easy to get going, and after one flight, I was able to turn it off. However, I feel that the tooltips should be in addition to the manuals provided from other versions of FS2Crew. For example, I would like to see (on a PDF) what flows my FO are doing, what their triggers are, what I should announce, and all available commands i.e. I haven’t found “landing lights on” anywhere on the tooltips, despite it being a recognized command. I would also like to see what commands are and are not realistic. For example, I saw somewhere on the forums that calling “autopilot 1” is not realistic since the FCU is fully controlled by the PF. I would also like a little more info on how the FA call works. I know I have to push the AFT call button, but then what do I do now?
But to summarize, the tooltips feature has made it super easy for a first time user like myself to learn the interactions between the PF and PM. I just wish that manuals were here as well.

Hard Mute: As a first time FS2Crew user, I have not had any issues with the PTT feature. In fact, I’d think it makes far more sense than having a toggled button. However, it seems that many long time users miss it, therefore, I think it would be great to have hard mute in addition to the current PTT feature.

Bugs/Weird Behavior

- The FO seems to always switch the FCU ALT knob to 100ft increments during the departure phase, and I cannot figure out why.
- The FO also turns on the brake fans on the ground even if the tire temperatures are completely fine.
- Anti-ice commands will cause the push buttons to illuminate/extinguish, but not actually push. The function works, but the buttons themselves end up inverted.
- It seems that somehow FS2Crew has muted the passenger sign chimes? I have not verified that this is an FS2Crew issue, but it’s only something I noticed after installing FS2Crew. I will come back and update this post.

Wishlist:

Include some documentation. Other than the manuals, I would like to see a realistic printable checklist.

Integration with Pilot2ATC. For me personally, I would like to see integration with Pilot2ATC. If I instruct my FO to obtain a clearance, I would like to see it trigger P2A to make that call.

Integration with PACX. All I want to see is the boarding time synced up with PACX as an option, so when PACX is done boarding, so is FS2Crew.

More voices! I’d love to see many more voices to choose from. Add the headset filter as an option to the existing voices as well.

Contact pushback. Even for those of us without Pushback Express, make it so that we can talk to ground. Just like talking to ATC, make it so that it doesn’t actually do anything. I think it would add a lot of immersion.

Someday, in my wildest dreams, I would love to take the pilot monitoring role and let FS2Crew be the PIC. If only…

Overall:

The experience of cooperating with an FO, and the FO taking some a lot of the workload is really fun. I am a very happy FS2Crew user with no regrets purchasing. I look forward to an FS2Crew CRJ edition.

Update 1:

The passenger sign chimes is an FBW thing. It seems like they have made them much quieter when the cockpit door is closed.

Update 2:

Additional bug: When commanding “taxi lights off”, for some reason the left RWY turnoff lights remain on.

Hi,

Glad you like it 😉

The kind words and words of encouragement make it worth it 😉

Voice Commands, FO Flow descriptions, Change Logs, etc.  are in the Info Center.  In the Info Center, you can even print the commands.
Press the "INFO" button in the menu.

The goal is to put the information directly in front of the user.  You may read a PDF manual, but trust me, 95 percent of people just don't read them.

I spent a lot of time building the Info Center 🙂  Please use it 😉

We also have the Flow Assist panel which tells you what to do.  I've seen some user created videos...  a lot of people aren't even reading the Assist, and we're putting right in front of them on the screen....

Bugs:

FO switching ALT knot to 100ft increments:  That's deliberate.  Not a bug.

FO turns on brake fans:  Will check.  Possible false voice detection if the system accidently heard 'brake fan on".

Anti Ice: Not sure I follow the inverted part, but I'll look at it. 

Muting passenger signs:  We don't adjust any behavior in the FBW aircraft itself.  It's probably just a change in the FBW itself since it changes everyday.

Runway turnoff lights:  I'm not sure if that's technically a bug, but I'll add it anyway to V1.1. 

Other points:

Ground Crew interaction:  That's why we have Pushback Express.  It even does voice control 🙂

Being the Pilot Monitoring for the entire flight:   Maybe someday possible.  MSFS does have a "co-pilot who can fly option", or did last time I checked, it was a little bit whacky.  If they can improve it by a lot, maybe we can do something we're you're the PM.

Cheers and thank you!

Edited by byork