Sign in to follow this  
Ramón Cutanda

My custom checklists for PILOT's B314

WARNING!!!

Although the following checklist is based on the B314 PILOT's manuals and Boeing's "Handbook of instructions for operation of the Boeing Model 314 flying boat", this is NOT, by any means, an "official", "approved" or even "professional" checklist. I am just a flight simulator enthusiast with very little experience in real world flying and I elaborated this custom checklist just to make my life (please, note the use of first person singular) easier when flying PILOT's Boeing Model 314. I found the original checklists difficult to follow because they are divided into three columns (captain, first officer and engineer) and the order and coordination required to follow all those steps by myself in the sim was not clear to me. I have done my best to mix those three checklists into one that was logic for me and that I could follow easily in the lonely virtual cockpit of the simulator without the other two crew members.

When I finally put together all the steps, I found some "gaps". For example, there is no mention to the moment when the generators should be turned on or off, so I have taken the liberty of adding that and other similar steps. The contrary is also true: I have omitted some of the original checklist that are unable or, in my opinion, unnecessary to reproduce in the simulator, such as the "calls" to other crew members or the use of the shore battery (as far as I know, not available in PILOT's version at the moment of writing this document).

Finally, I have reordered the checks to follow a more comfortable flow "per view" within the simulator, thus avoiding as many "panel/view jumps" between the cockpit and the engineer's panel as possible.

After developing the checklist along multiple flights, I finally reached a point when I could satisfactory complete my flights without having to make any change in the checklist, so I decided it was the time to share it with other simmers. I find it really useful and, perhaps, others will too. Whether that is the case or not, please do not forget that this is a humble and "homespun" checklist.

Kind regards,

https://simulaciondevuelo.com/descargas/checklists-boeing-b314-by-pilots

• Like 3

Ramón Cutanda

http://ramoncutanda.com

Shore power... Mooring buoys out | right-click to pull On (next to the main battery). It overrides the internal battery so you can turn that off if needed.

Yes, Boeing's checklists assume an awful lot, which modern checklists do not.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1