Sign in to follow this  
Gpan099

Stuck on Flight Control Checklist

I can't seem to get passed the FCTL Checklist, I know it's operator error!

After full elevator & aileron deflection and back to neutral, and a brake check, is there any other item(s) I am missing?

Thanks! 

Assuming you're using Voice Control...

After you do the Elevator and Aileron check, speak "RUDDER".  That's probably what you're missing.

This is listed in the ASSIST panel.

Then deflect the rudders full left/right.  The FO will say full left/right.  Make sure you go all the way to the stop to hit the trigger.

Then, once complete, then FO will do his flight control check (but the plane must be stationary.  That's deliberate on our part to prevent you from swerving around if the rudder is coupled to the aileron).

The FO will then do his Taxi flow.

Sorry, yes to rudder-- I even activate the speed brake and flaps levers full and back.

I am, however using button control, not voice.

Not sure why it doesn't advance to the next checklist like it usually does.

Thought I was missing a step.

1 hour ago, Gpan099 said:

Sorry, yes to rudder-- I even activate the speed brake and flaps levers full and back.

I am, however using button control, not voice.

Not sure why it doesn't advance to the next checklist like it usually does.

Thought I was missing a step.

In Button Control, the Captain (that's you) will auto say "Rudder" after the elevator and ailerons have been checked.

Could be a joystick calibration issue... look at the Flight Control page on the lower screen... physically check that the controls are being fully deflected... I suspect they're not.

The FO confirms all full deflections and returns to neutral in aileron, elevator, rudder as well as pressure in the brake check.

Pressing the button to advance to the next checklist does not move on to the next one, almost like it is waiting for another check to be performed?

Thanks all for assistance with this!

You need to wait several seconds... let the FO finish his "flow" after you've tested the rudder.

The FO will test his sidestick, and then do his taxi flow.

This takes several seconds.

When he's done, the Before Takeoff Checklist should automatically be available.  You can see it in the drop list in button control.

If you're pressing the hot key and nothing happens, ensure the Keyboard icon is not Crossed out on the FS2Crew panel with a Red X. 

If it's X'd out, then the MSFS window is not in focus and hotkeys are not available.

Cheers,

Could it be that because I have the FO flows turned off, the FO never completes his/her FLCTL Check?

I get no verbal confirmation of the FO performing a check and no indication in on the FLCTL page of surfaces moving.

Thanks.