Sign in to follow this  
enriqueo

UNITED Call Sign is missing in FS2CREW for FBW A320NX

I, for one, enjoy the actual recorded voices currently used in FBW.  Having synthesized voices intermixed with recorded voices would lessen the immersion that has been achieved with the current product.  We have a running list of additional airlines to add, and could expand to create a "final" list of A320 operators and hopefully quick and inexpensive voice recording session with the current voice talent used.  

• Like 1

I do think Azure is very good, showing that voice synthesis has really progressed over the years.  Specific languages sound great.  I am no expert on Azure, and not sure if it is capable of speaking back language combinations such as German-accented English, Dutch-accented English, Italian-accented English, etc. 

If we can use text to voice, we essentially have unlimited options with regards to voices.  We can be way more flexible with what the people can say.

But the problems are: 1. They still don't sound as good a real human.  2. Possible internet problems since the audio is delivered via the internet.  3. They're not free.

Edited by byork
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, byork said:

Maybe, we really need "text to voice" though for true flexibility.

The question is.... are people willing to live with text to voice?

Please fix Avianca callsign in control panel it says Aviana 

I'd be happy with using AZURE text-voice recognition for the variable items as CALLSIGNS. That will increase the number of possibilities.  

If we use text to voice, the whole thing would be text to voice, not just part of it.

But it's a gamble switching over.  They still don't sound as good a real human.

Some people will complain and trash me on the internet for it... that's just the way this stuff rolls 🤣