Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phantoms

No GA traffic when using FSX GA-Traffic?

Guest Milamber

I just came acros this program and I was wondering if anybody else using this program might give me some hints how to get GA to show up in FSX. I have installed the Release version available here. I have run the program several time and tried several options. I have the planes I want to use setup with a green check mark (I last just had the default FSX GA aircraft checked) and then hit the generate flightplans button. When finished I have a GA-Traffic.bgl in sceneryworldscenery directory. I then run FSX and go to several airports including small and large but I can't find any GA traffic. All the traffic is World of AI. Any ideas?Thanks

Guest JimC1702

Here's your problem. You can use FS9 type traffic bgls in FSX but when you do, FSX will ignore the native FSX type traffic bgls. Since you're using World of AI, which are FS9 type bgls, FSX is ignoring your FSX GA-Traffic file.I'm also using World of AI packages in FSX. What I did was download the file "worldga.zip" and now I have GA traffic again. Works great.I ran into a similar problem with Just Flight's Military Plus Packs. The first one worked fine because it was an FS9 type traffic bgl. But when I installed the second pack I didn't see any of the military planes from that pack since it was an FSX type bgl and FSX ignored it. I ended up installing the military pack in FS9 and then copying the bgl into FSX. Now it works fine.Hope that helps.Jim

Guest Milamber

Hmmm...I didn't know that you couldn't mix the two. I also didn't know that World of AI wasn't the same format. I wonder if the other AI packages (IE WOA) will be moving to whatever format the FSX type is.

>Hmmm...I didn't know that you couldn't mix the two. I also>didn't know that World of AI wasn't the same format. I wonder>if the other AI packages (IE WOA) will be moving to whatever>format the FSX type is.FWIW, there is a utility that has been developed that will take FS9-firmat traffic BGL's and convert them to FSX-formatBGL's. The program works at the BGL-level and does not require de-compiling and re-compiling throuth the TDBB "tool", such asit is.I've used this utility and the converted BGL's co-exist justfine with the FSX default BGL's. Hopefully the author willupload it here soon. Since he hasn't officially released itI'll just say that once he does you will be able to takeall your FS9 traffic BGL's and/or WOAI BGL's and run themthrough the conversion process.So, those of you tearing your hair out, as I was, trying to "satisfy" an overly restrictive TDBB, stop...and wait for this utility. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>Does it handle the changes in airport designators, closed>airports?Yes it does, Reggie. It doesn't, however, deal with the day of the week issue. Other than that it appears towork just fine.The custom AI boat traffic I created and the aicarriers1 package traffic is present again, along with all my importedand converted FS9 traffic files. Prior to conversion, theboat traffic was gone.The utility is written by the same fellow that wrote theaicarrier1 and ai_boat packages.... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Phantoms

>I'm also using World of AI packages in FSX. What I did was>download the file "worldga.zip" and now I have GA traffic>again. Works great.I was using a PAI GA with real registrations file in FS9 for my small GA from default FS9 aircraft. When I went to FSX, I realised the default aircraft and airports had changed, so I updated the file with default aircraft from FSX and changed the airports to match FSX and posted it at PAI. You can find it in this thread: http://www.projectai.com/discuss/index.php...ic,53566.0.html