Sign in to follow this  
rog943

Feathering the Prop and other things

I got this great aircraft a few weeks ago and I've nearly got it as I'd like it but a couple of things seem beyond my skills.  Any help or observations are welcome.

It is the Carenado EX and I use FSX SE and FSUIPC4.  Honeycomb yoke and Logitech quadrant.

I have the power lever set (FSUIPC) so I have max, idle and then the Beta and reverse thrust positions.  The lever in the VC does not march in step with my quadrant throttle lever so when the VC one hits the top stop my quadrant lever still has quite a way to go.  Okay so that's a bit picky but has anyone managed to set it so the two are 'ganged' together better?  (It took me a while to 'get' that the power lever controls prop pitch in the Beta range inc the reverse pitch.)

That brings me to the main question.  No way can I get the Prop lever to go back to feather the prop in the event of an engine shut down.   Can anyone suggest how to get it past the notch.  I think it is possible as the aircraft.cfg file mentions feather=1 (so yes?) and also mentions a min TQE of 400 ft lbs although how you get that TQE if the engine has failed and you need to feather I really don't know.

Any help out there?  I have read all the pages here but can't find anything.

Somewhere else in the forums I did find the answer to the throttle movement issue.  I have got much closer to what I want by scaling the input axis values.  Advanced users manual page forty-something 'Additional parameters to scale..etc.'   Neat.  (I still can't think of myself as an advanced user.  My eyeballs start to rotate faster than my Caravan!)

Thanks again to Pete.

• Like 1