Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FBW MCDU Question

I am on the latest experimental version and noticed on the last handful of flights that the STAR info in the MCDU has some odd altitudes.  It will show the restrictions (for example, cross XYZ at 10000) but they don't 100% match the STAR.  The next few restrictions will show 8000, then maybe 6000, but the next waypoint in the STAR might show FL350, then 5000, then FL350.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is this an FBW thing, MSFS, or Nav data?

As a side note, i've been climbing and descending via open climb and V/S.  Have there been any improvements to managed climb and descent?  Managed usually had me at like 4000 fpm and that isn't realistic.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Because the managed vertical mode is not working it just loads the constraints from the database but doesn't calculate the predictions for waypoints between the constraints.

With managed climb I can't say I have noticed an issue although if it is lightly loaded I would expect a high rate of climb . With descent, again, there is no management of the vertical profile so it pitches to maintain the required speed with idle thrust at the moment.

That's how I interpret the current behaviour.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs