Sign in to follow this  
Super27

MSFS Piper Seneca single engine performance

Hi,

Tried to fly the Seneca in MSFS with one engine failed and prop feathered.  Sadly I could not manage to maintain altitude, let alone establish a climb on one engine and speed at blue line.  Ball was near the middle and 5 deg of bank towards the good engine.  Aircraft had 50% fuel loaded. (Default setting)

The best I got was a 400 fpm descent until impact.  This should not happen.  Could someone please look into the flight/ performance model and rectify this?

Thank you!

Edited by Super27
typo

In an otherwise well made reproduction of the Seneca V,, this product is fundamentally flawed by the enormously inaccurate single engine performance. What is bewildering is that normal operation is very close to the performance published in the POH. So if the model is on the numbers for normal operation, why does it fail so drastically on single engine performance?

I'm surprised Carenado have done nothing to resolve this. One of the primary reasons to buy this aircraft is to practice engine out procedures and, as the OP has made clear, you can't use Carenado's Seneca for this purpose.

Does not surprise me.  Carenado/Alabeo has a long history of releasing aircraft that feature beautiful 3D models and textures, but wonky systems and flight models.  They will typically issue one patch to address some of the complaints that arise from the initial release, then nothing more.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.