Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

AOM Managing both FS9 and FSX on my PC. AOM FSX Compat...

Guest ecv737

I have both the FS9 and FSX installed on my PC (in different HD's)How do I manage the Installed AOM in My PC with windows XP Pro?. In other words how do I manage the AOM Hanger, The AOM Packages and the AOM Library with one AOM Addon and two MS Applications (assuming AOM is compatible with FSX)?I would appreciate your advice.=====================================================================MY PC:Dell 600XPS P4 3.8 Mhz 1X500 Gigas HD on 2X250 raid 1 arragement and 1 250 Gigas (all three 7200 RPM). 2 Gigas Ram and one NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX 156 megas on Board. CH Joke and Pedals=====================================================================EdmundoCardenasCaracas, Venezuela[

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

You know I have the same. Both sims running. I also use AOM and currently its set up to store and retrieve scenery and planes for FS2004.I have also wondered about applying this to FSX and haven't tried. It would seem to me we could try:1. going to Manfred's website and check out the forum or ask the question and get an answer from the source.2. experiment and using the AOM Settings, point AOM to the installation folder of FSX, and make separate and new folders for FSX for Hangers, Packages, Scenery. I haven't studied the architecture of the folders for FSX to see it they match FS2004 for installation compatibility but I think they do.Then all you simply need to do is using the one version of AOM you can change (point) AOM, through the settings feature, back and forth to each sim. You know I think this might work. A little feature could be built into the program to flip between the sims. Give it a try and let the community know if it works.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest ecv737

anadian friend BWallis:Thanks a lot for your comments and for answering my Post.I was just about ready to post the same in the "other" Forum since I notice there were some 45 people that saw or read my Post, but nobody except you today answered my question. I was under the impression that AOM was a very useful addon (I think so), but I guess peple prefers the freeware program which by the way is not longer being supported.I will follow your advice before I try anything , And will let everybody know of my experience.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela

My genius didn't work, I tried it yesterday. Obviously some structural differences between FS2004 and FSX. I haven't checked out the website for assistance though.I prefer AOM, a great program, nice GUI easy to use.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3