Sign in to follow this  
CHinch

GTN650/750 title bars

I have purchased a RSG 750 and RSG 650 with the underlying RXP 750 and 650 applications. These are all working happily together.  The RSG gear appears as two additional displays, so I have displays 1, 2, and 3.  Currently, I pop out the two GTN windows and maximise them on their respective displays (2 and 3) with nobezel=true. Unfortunately, the popped out windows have the title bars which run across the top of display 2 and display 3.

If I "un-pop" out each of the RXP 750 and 650 windows, they return to display 1, and with no title bar. I can position them any where on display 1 by modifying the RealityXP.GTN.ini file (left, top, width height setting), but if I set the coordinates to be anywhere outside of display 1 (such as display 2 or display 3), they snap back to display 1. Which is unfortunate, because it would be a perfect solution to simply have the un-popped windows with no title bar start up on display 2 and display 3. Is there any other solution to this problem? Or am I missing something?

Hi,

The title bars displaying at the top of the popped out windows is normal: this is how XP11 displays the popped out windows.

Instead of maximizing the window, you might try to manually stretched the window edges manually until they are "out of view". Otherwise, you might try manually enlarging the window until it reaches the edges of the RSG monitor, then exit X-Plane and manually edit the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in the aircraft folder.

The window frame coordinates and size is stored in the following setting (typically):

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
frame.type = WINDOW
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true
; display window if true.
visible = true
; display as popout window if true (requires XP11.1).
undocked = true
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 53,827,830,790

The above shows the important settings to look for: frame.type + undocked tells it is the section with the settings for the popped out window you're looking for, frame.rect sets the X,Y,W,H values for the window.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)