Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Flight Plan Problem

I don't know how to use a screen shot here, so I'll try to explain.

Select KSFO as Departure, RWY 28R.  Select KSAC as Arrival.  Select under Arrivals LOC02.  Select IFR (Low altitude airways) I used the Bonanza for this set up. I think Cessna 172 will give same results.

Press FLY.  On the Map Screen to the right either zoom out or use the cursor to display the whole route.

At waypoint TRUKN the route forks to DEDHD.  If you fly this flight using GPS and NAV mode it will take you to DEDHD automatically. Not Sacramento.

Now click on the FLP button and look at the flight plan that's loaded.  The first line is totally gibberish. 

If there is something I'm not doing right, please let me know.  Hopefully this can be corrected.

Roy

3 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I don't know how to use a screen shot here, so I'll try to explain.

Select KSFO as Departure, RWY 28R.  Select KSAC as Arrival.  Select under Arrivals LOC02.  Select IFR (Low altitude airways) I used the Bonanza for this set up. I think Cessna 172 will give same results.

Press FLY.  On the Map Screen to the right either zoom out or use the cursor to display the whole route.

At waypoint TRUKN the route forks to DEDHD.  If you fly this flight using GPS and NAV mode it will take you to DEDHD automatically. Not Sacramento.

Now click on the FLP button and look at the flight plan that's loaded.  The first line is totally gibberish. 

If there is something I'm not doing right, please let me know.  Hopefully this can be corrected.

Roy

Roy,

It looks like MSFS inserted a RNAV SID, the TRUKN TWO DEPARTURE, out of KSFO into the Flight Plan for some reason. What you can do is once the a/c is loaded, open the FP, highlight DEDHD and clear it (delete it). I think then what is left will work.

I have found it is better to just set up the departure and destination on the World Map, and then enter my FP using the G1000NXi once the a/c is loaded. Or build a FP externally, such as in Littlenav Map, and load that.

Al

Thanks Al.  I'll try that.  What I did at the time was click off NAV and use the HDG to get to the other leg.  Then reactivate NAV and it resumed the correct course.

Still something that needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Roy

• Like 1