Sign in to follow this  
wakashi

LNM Unresponsive at intervals!

Not sure what is happening, but if I don't interact with LNM (v2.6.17, Win10-64) say for 5 or so minutes, when I try to zoom in/out or check on info at an airport icon or even hover my mouse I get the hourglass timer for about 10-15 seconds before it responds!  If I interact with it on a regular basis it does not seem to do this as bad!  It is a bit of a hassle when you want quick info and you have to wait for anytime at all while flying is a bit annoying!  Is there anything that I can possibly do that may put an end to this happening?  Any info would hoefully be helpful!

Thanks, Roger

Hi Roger,

this is not normal.

You can try to exclude the LNM database folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db" from anti-virus scanning. This might slow down things.
Also avoid too high detail level settings. See menu View -> Details or press Ctrl+0 to reset this to default

Weather downloads might also affect performance but only at startup and then maybe every five minutes or so.

Alex

Thanks Alex,

I cannot exclude the little_navmap_db from the Norton Scan (option greyed out), except as indiviual files within the folder, is that what you are saying, each file?  I am going to try the less detail option and see if that will stop this from happening.  I appreciate your quick response and possible soulutions also!

Roger