Sign in to follow this  
Lord Farringdon

AI Spirograph

I was playing around with AI Manager and AI Traffic (by the way, great, just great. Don't know what else to say Kaii and the AIG team🙂).  

I noticed a couple of aircraft went missed approach and then as I had heard in the past, they just circled around and until they disappear. Well, I got called out on some business and since I didn't think I would be too long, I just left the system running. One thing led to another and it was some six hours so before I got in front of the screen again and this is what I saw on the Traffic Manager Map.  These same two aircraft had not actually disappeared at all but were still circling around in what looked for most part like a spirograph. The first image is one plane, the second image is the other plane. Apart from that craziness, the other thing I noticed was that all the racetrack patterns intersect at the same point, (see the third image) or in this case, you could say all roads lead to drone since that's where I had positioned it for some spotting. (Sorry 😏, shall I get my coat?). 

I'm guessing this is just the Asobo behaviour, but I'm wondering if these patterns can tell us anything about the underlying programming going on here that creates this? I mean it doesn't seem random yet it does look likes it's looping.  On the one hand they are doing some quite nice holding pattern circuits at times but most of the time they are doing figure eights it seems. Maybe some gurus can offer some other information.  I guess I'm wondering if this is some sort of rudimentary holding pattern capability that has yet to be developed? Or alternatively, perhaps it's just UFO's making patterns in wheat fields 🤔?   

Cheers

Terry

AM-JKLVsBUU_smZJR9MCQ8sZ_FgQCdzDMuYKRFC3

AM-JKLWEHmr7YQgILzDd4ilZqpSUDQKjw4-dWjdc

AM-JKLUvcnJPV3aBCU1VTya1BhR6EGfuLJDdgZVQ

• Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

the pattern is quite simple.....

If an Aircraft is unable to land or has to perform a go around, the Sim is no longer to "take it back". So it will fly torwards its final waypoint (airport), till the Sim takes back control and send it to landing, but since this is not happening you will have a endless-loop 😞

Basically the same would happen in FSX if for example the VTBS Addon was not installed (no default VTBS in FSX). Airplanes will fly torwards the airport and then circle there becuase they can not land

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Thanks Kaii. Wouldn't it be great is MSFS could recognize a holding aircraft and slot it to land.  " If go around, then go to 'x' holding point and circle, wait till sim commands land"   . If based on time in pattern or remaining fuel we could have some nice stack ups. We live in hope that Asobo will sort this one day 😔.

Cheers

Terry

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

10 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Thanks Kaii. Wouldn't it be great is MSFS could recognize a holding aircraft and slot it to land.  " If go around, then go to 'x' holding point and circle, wait till sim commands land"   . If based on time in pattern or remaining fuel we could have some nice stack ups. We live in hope that Asobo will sort this one day 😔.

Cheers

Terry

or allow us 3rd party dev to fix it

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Oh yes! Definitely that!