Sign in to follow this  
jdk2

Aircraft Carrier Landings

This freeware found here at the downliad library is fantastic.Filename: rcbco-30.zip (The Catapult and the Arrester)I've been having a hoot with it. First I tried the rcbco-20.zip for FS9 and loved it.. During the time I found the rcbco-30.zip for FSX. The FSX version is much more simpler to install. But you still have to read it carefully.You can use it on any aircraft...including the 747 if you want it. :) But I have a great F-18 hornet freeware for FS9 that works perfectly in FSX. http://www.gjsmith.net/Textures/f18.htmAnother thing I learnt (its in one of the text file in rcbco-30.zip) how to use the FSX missions and modify it to use the moving aircraft carrier. Thats even better. An aircraft carrier with other aircrafts on it and that is moving. Landing here is too much fun. The moving aircraft carrier is in Hawaii.. I can take off from my awesome Megascenery Honolulu and fly to the moving aircraft carrier.Not sure what the ABACUS 4 adds to this.Now, I am looking for more aircraft carriers Freeware/payweres out there for FSX. IF you know any good ones, please post them here.. I appreciate it. I tried importing one of the FS9 freeware carrier (Scenery) into FSX but it doesn't work. I have not tried the freeware FS9 Waikiki carrier (nice one) in FSX.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

fsxf14d1.zipThe file fsxf14d1.zip in Avsim library is for the F-14, it has all the rcbco-30 files etc. You can now use this awesome aircraft to land on any carrier. It has a functioning catapult as well as arrest cable/mechanismManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>fsxf14d1.zip>>The file fsxf14d1.zip in Avsim library is for the F-14, it has>all the rcbco-30 files etc. You can now use this awesome>aircraft to land on any carrier. It has a functioning catapult>as well as arrest cable/mechanism>>MannyI can't seem to find this file no matter what I search on (filename, F14, F-14, etc). What am I doing wrong?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Intel Quad Core QX6700/2.66GHz (water cooled @ 3.20 GHz), 2@8800GTX/768MB nVidia (SLI), 4GB RAM, 2@160GB Raptor HD (RAID 0), Razer Barracuda AC-1 Audio, Dell 3007 30" Monitor (2560x1600)FSGenesis USA Landclass, NA & World Meshes, MegasceneryX Hawaii & Phoenix,RealAir SIAI-Marchetti SF260, Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver, MyTraffic X, WWII Fighters