Sign in to follow this  
blave

Question about fictional airports

I have added a couple fictional airports to MSFS -- one by the Hype Group ("HPG1") and a heliport in the Grand Canyon ("RSP1", by the RotorSimPilot dude). They are not represented in LNM -- is this because LMN is using a database file that pre-dates me adding those? If so, how do I update?

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

LNM reads all airport data from the simulator scenery (i.e. caches it for faster access). This includes add-ons, fictional or not. You only have to reload the scenery library database in LNM after adding the airports to the sim.

The following problems can appear with MSFS:
- The add-ons are encrypted with a copy protection mechanism. LNM can not read them and shows only the default airfield if there is one. Taxiways and parking positions then do not match the simulator.
- The add-on does not add an airfield structure, only scenery objects like buildings. LNM cannot recognize these as add-ons.
- LNM drops the airport if it has no runway, no helipad, no parking and no nothing. This is since MSFS has a lot of dummy airports replacing POIs which have only an apron.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Thanks. I'm not sure what's going on -- the (freeware, so theoretically not encrypted) add-on for the HPG1 airport has a runway and helipads. No matter; I just created userpoints for both.

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

10 minutes ago, blave said:

Thanks. I'm not sure what's going on -- the (freeware, so theoretically not encrypted) add-on for the HPG1 airport

You have a link? I'd like to have a look at these. They should normally show up.

Sorry I didn't see your note until now -- I need to figure out how to turn on email notifications for the forums.

HPG1: https://flightsim.to/file/19649/hpg1-dabob-bay-research-development-airport

RSP1: https://flightsim.to/file/15067/bottom-grand-canyon-lz-desert-refuel-station

Once again, sorry about my late reply. I don't spend much time on Avsim anymore.

No excluded folders that I am aware of.

I use the wonderful Addons Linker to manage stuff. https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

Edit: I have LNM on two machines. Until very recently I was not using Addons Linker on the laptop that I do flight planning on, so the Community folder the default one. And those airports don't show up for me there either -- and neither does GCRS.

Edited by blave
clarification

What happens if you do not use the Addons Linker? Means: Copy the folders into Community and reload the LNM scenery library.

It depends in the linker uses symbolic links (small chain link the icon) or Windows .lnk files. The latter ones are not supported by LNM.

Alex