Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Installing freeware 3rd party airports, e.g. Gatwick

Larger airports have potential for conflicts between the old default and the new airport scenery.

Here is how mkvy says to install his Gatwick from Flightsim.to (currently version 10.8 it gets updated frequently). Gatwick is the 2nd busiest AP in England. Compatibility with SU7 has been confirmed.

" Installing updated versions for EGKK and Best way to clear your cache and get rid of old data indexes

1) Delete the older version 'gatwick' from community folder
    2) Start fs2020 and spawn to default Gatwick
    3) Close Fs2020 and install New version into community folder as 'gatwick'
    4) Open fs2020 "

Doing it that way did work for me. I don't see any serious issues at all. Nice scenery. I think I'll use this same method if I have bad issues with any other addon sceneries.

https://flightsim.to/file/5784/gatwick-egkk-ultra-star-edition-phase-1-0

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I think what happens is that after deleting the older version of the addon scenery (taking it out of Community), then starting up MSFS and departing from that same (default) airport takes out all of the old indexing and replaces it with default MSFS indexing. Then you are installing the newer version of the addon on top of virgin MS default scenery indexes. And so it will work the same as it did on the designer's computer system after he also installed it on the same MS virgin default scenery.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.