Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiffy_scimitar

Sun halo?

Hey all,I can't help but wonder if, without Bloom on, the sun should have some kind of glare/halo. Right now it looks like a solar eclipse, just a darkish ball without any kind of light flare that would blind you in real life. Bloom makes it look better, but my computer can't afford the performance hit. It just seems silly, sun glare has been around without bloom shaders forever now, in games like IL2, GTR, etc etc. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hey all,>>I can't help but wonder if, without Bloom on, the sun should>have some kind of glare/halo. Right now it looks like a solar>eclipse, just a darkish ball without any kind of light flare>that would blind you in real life. Bloom makes it look better,>but my computer can't afford the performance hit. >>It just seems silly, sun glare has been around without bloom>shaders forever now, in games like IL2, GTR, etc etc. >>Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?Can you post a screenshot?

I get a yellow ball, but no corona/brightness effect without bloom.

>I get a yellow ball, but no corona/brightness effect without>bloom.Ditto.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm talking about. It's pretty lame they can't have a ressource-lite alternative to glare without bloom. Every older flight sim ever made does it. Just seems so out of place having a sun that you can 'look' at directly without glare.