Sign in to follow this  
joe91

[Resolved] AI models not found

Hi! I have a prepar3d V4.5 and after  your program last update- it doesnt recognize any of my ai planes. Before it was all good and worked perfectly.

44 minutes ago, joe91 said:

Hi! I have a prepar3d V4.5 and after  your program last update- it doesnt recognize any of my ai planes. Before it was all good and worked perfectly.

The last update is only an update of shaders for 5.3, nothing related to detection of AI models.

Most likely your AI models package is not set as active or something similar and you never noticed until the update and a Re-Scan was performed.

Verify your AI models package has only one entry in your addons.cfg files and it is set to enabled.

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

The last update is only an update of shaders for 5.3, nothing related to detection of AI models.

Most likely your AI models package is not set as active or something similar and you never noticed until the update and a Re-Scan was performed.

Verify your AI models package has only one entry in your addons.cfg files and it is set to enabled.

S.

Could you help me please, where and what i must to verify exactly. I mean files and folders.. maybe some entries in files? 

upd. ive reinstalled fs reborn lights already- but preoblem is remains the same.

And i dont have any entriies regarding traffic at addons.cfg. Cause im using custom "hand made" traffic, not a program but several ai planes. 

Only traffic entries i have are at simobjects.cfg 

Before this update- everything was absolutely normal, your program recognised about 99% of my ai traffic( except some A330 ai planes, but it was not too important). 

But now- 0! nothing.

Edited by joe91

You aware we only support Addons using the add-on. Xml method as per P3D SDK instructions?  If you have your own AI models, you need to install them via this method and set them as Active.

Failing to do so, results in no AI models being detected. Most likely you changed something and now is when you are noticing it.

There is a sticky note about this on the forums with instructions how to do it.

I always recommend to use AIGM-OCI, is free, thousands of AI models and will avoid these head ache of not installing your AI models correctly. 

S.

58 minutes ago, simbol said:

You aware we only support Addons using the add-on. Xml method as per P3D SDK instructions?  If you have your own AI models, you need to install them via this method and set them as Active.

Failing to do so, results in no AI models being detected. Most likely you changed something and now is when you are noticing it.

There is a sticky note about this on the forums with instructions how to do it.

I always recommend to use AIGM-OCI, is free, thousands of AI models and will avoid these head ache of not installing your AI models correctly. 

S.

Ok, that is all clear. But how your program detected my traffic before? I had a lot of packages with different ai planes and liveries. But they are not made by me. Ive just downloaded them(AIA, FAIB free models and liveries for them). The only way to put them into the sim- was to make couple of entries into simobjects.cfg.file

[Entry.11]
PATH=SimObjects\MNT traffic
TITLE=MNT traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

here they are.

Maybe there is chance to get an older version of your program? i will untick update button. 

And maybe there is some kind of log file of your program? i mean to check what exactly your program dont accept now).

Edited by joe91

15 minutes ago, joe91 said:

Ok, that is all clear. But how your program detected my traffic before? I had a lot of packages with different ai planes and liveries. But they are not made by me. Ive just downloaded them(AIA, FAIB free models and liveries for them). The only way to put them into the sim- was to make couple of entries into simobjects.cfg.file

[Entry.10]
PATH=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
TITLE=ut2 aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11]
PATH=SimObjects\MNT traffic
TITLE=MNT traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

here they are.

Maybe there is chance to get an older version of your program? i will untick update button. 

And maybe there is some kind of log file of your program? i mean to check what exactly your program dont accept now).

This has been a requirement since version 1 of AIRLP.. there is no way AILRP would detect AI models via SimObjects.cfg file alone.. specially if the models are inside the default SimObjects folders as shown on your text above.

You require to have an add-on.xml, with your AI models outside of the base sim, this methods will instruct P3D to add it to the list of add-on.s with a flag of active or inactive. If AILRP was detecting your traffic before, I am 100% sure you had a configuration via add-on.xml, otherwise there is no way it would have done it. So something changed on your local configuration since then, I am unable to know what..

As stated before, here is the sticky note I told you about, take note of the date October 20, 2019.. that was the release date of the product, and nothing hasn't chance since then until now.. 

If you follow those instructions above and install your custom traffic like that, it will work.

S.

23 hours ago, simbol said:

As stated before, here is the sticky note I told you about, take note of the date October 20, 2019.. that was the release date of the product, and nothing hasn't chance since then until now.. 

If you follow those instructions above and install your custom traffic like that, it will work.

S.

Hi! Thanks for the cooperation and help, i did as instructed here: How to move Custom AI Models outside the Sim 

Now its all working fine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe91 said:

Hi! Thanks for the cooperation and help, i did as instructed here: How to move Custom AI Models outside the Sim 

Now its all working fine!

Perfect,  I will mark this as resolved.

S.