Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Learjet45 pops up too much question

Guys, what is your opinion about using spoiler / autospoiler in the default Learjet45, is the pop up effect way overdone?In my opinion it is, Learjet just jumps up when applying spoiler or when the armed spoiler kicks in on landing.Anyone knows what can be edited in Aircraft.cfg to decrease this pop up behavior/effect? It is also desirable to maintain the same braking property of the spoiler please. Any ideas?Thanks.

Guest JETPETER1

The spoilers are unrealistic in terms of whopping effect they have. Try dragging it instead to a slight up amount with the mouse.. this is a lot better. In real jets, the speedbrakes will suddenly hold speed where it is, may slow it down slightly, but nothing like this version...or any default jet... it's way too overdone. i don't know whay MS never fixes this. I like the new LR 45. It is a GREAT default model... and since I fly a similar jet in real life everyday, I can tell you it's jet model is right on... However, I have still modified the config file to better many things, like less powerful toe brakes and more power to the reversers! I don't know of a spoiler config, yet the toebrakes can be lessoned and reverser power increased, like a real jet.Peter / Beechjet 400A captain

Thanks Peter! For the spoilers you can go to the Aircraft.cfg and change the maximal angle of deflection - from the default 60 degrees:spoiler_limit = 60.0 //Degreesspoiler_extension_time = 2.0 //SecondsI checked, it does make a difference in the pop up/slowing down properties.What do you think about the extension time? Isn't the default 2.0 seconds a little too long?Could you please share your edit for the reversers and the brakes.Thanks,Dirk.

Guest jshyluk

For what it's worth, I just use the mouse to control spoilers, as mentioned above, although I haven't spent much nearly as much time in the FSX Learjet as in the FS9 incarnation.Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest allcott

>Guys, what is your opinion about using spoiler / autospoiler>in the default Learjet45, is the pop up effect way overdone?>>In my opinion it is, Learjet just jumps up when applying>spoiler or when the armed spoiler kicks in on landing.>>Anyone knows what can be edited in Aircraft.cfg to decrease>this pop up behavior/effect? It is also desirable to maintain>the same braking property of the spoiler please. Any ideas?>>Thanks.It does that when you don't carry some power past the threshold. Are you trying a piston-style glide approach? The Lear is best landed with a goodly bit of power, and isn't really flared, it's flown onto the runway. Like most jets, the engines spool relatively slowly at low power settings, so the spoilers are there not so much to slow you down, but to provide more drag that you can use against thrust, to allow ou to carry power all the way to the ground. And the full-up setting wouldn't normally be applied in the air, but thats a bit tricky to set up using the simplistic spoiler modelling of FSX, unless you're happy with the mouse-scrolling. There really ought to be key selections for more/less (or presets for 25-50-75%) spoiler, but still with the `lift dump` option enabled for auto full-deployment on landing. I havent' tried but you ought to be able to achieve this with the full version of FSUIPC. Allcott

>It does that when you don't carry some power past the>threshold. Are you trying a piston-style glide approach? The>Lear is best landed with a goodly bit of power, and isn't>really flared, it's flown onto the runway. >AllcottThank you, Allcott. I'm using an USB SLIDER with a LEVER assigned to the spoiler, thus I can open it for a fraction. It works quite well, so basically no need to mess with a mouse pointer. Thanks for the technique. At what IAS do you normally cross the threashold in Lear45? And what would be the right N1 setting if I want to make it properly past the threshold as you wrote?Dirk.