Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Honeycomb Aeronautical - Love/Hate Relationship

I'll preface this and say I'm not typically one to come online and rant about a bunch of different products. For full transparency, I've been extremely happy with my Honeycomb products until recently. I was one of the first pre-orders for both the Alpha and the Bravo. Early last month, I reached out to Honeycomb because the reverse thrust on my Bravo stopped working for the #2 lever. I called their customer service and spoke with a gentleman who was very easy to talk to and walked me through some basic troubleshooting steps. He agreed that the Bravo unit was defective and admitted there have been some challenges with the original batches and wires detaching (See video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-QUxHw1oA.

So anyways, I was a little miffed when they told me I would have to ship back my unit first, but they agreed to cover shipping. I also didn't realize my new unit would come from Hong Kong. After waiting a couple weeks, the new unit finally arrived and I was in love again! First flight in the CRJ went smooth and no issues. The second flight I decided to take out the 747 and I immediately noticed my #5 lever was not working. After doing some more troubleshooting, we discovered there was a clear issue with wiring between the #5 and #6 levers and something was either shorted or crossed. So I was a bit surprised and called back their customer service number. Got ahold of someone on the 3rd or 4th call. When I did get in touch with someone, they were great again. The gentleman explained that he hadn't seen that before and watched the video I uploaded in the ticket. He was great and said he would send out a label that evening and would have this one shipped back to him directly. To help out, he even offered to send out a unit from their office instead of overseas to help with the delay. This was wonderful! But that's where it stopped.

First, I never received that label. Waited until the following week to follow up. For the last 7 days, I've called their office no less than 20 times and it always rings for two minutes and goes to voicemail. No return calls. I finally got in touch with "Kate" via their ticket system and tried to explain the situation to ensure I would get a unit from their office and not overseas. She agreed to follow up. That was almost 10 days ago. No replies via email. I've called their office atleast 50 times today and no one will pick up. Even tried different phone lines wondering if my number was blocked hahaha. Emailed "Kate" back three times with a 2-3 day gap in between each email. Reached out to their customer service via Facebook messenger and surprisingly got a reply, but they claimed they would forward my info to their team... still no reply several days later. 

Honeycomb, if you're reading this... get it together guys/gals! This is ridiculous. Why do you have a customer service number if you will not answer it? Why have I not received replies in your own customer support system. My next step will be notifying the BBB and posting on any social media forum that'll listen. I refuse to pay this much money for a product that doesn't even last a year and only to have the RMA be defective out of the box. RIDICULOUS!

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

If you use any for of social media (Facebook, Twitter) call them out on that. Companies hate it when people complain on their SM pages. That usually gets their attention.

NAX669.png