Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronson2k

The Phantom 1996 (Movie)

Guest Ronson2k

Okey I've been trying to track down the float biplane used in the movie the Phantom 1996. It's got quite a few plot holes in it but the aircraft scenes are really pretty good. All most all the aircraft in the movie are water based. Making for some great flight action..Any help would be appreciated. No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Personally, I was more interested in the Beech 18 with floats in the same film...can't remember what the biplane was though...

Guest Ronson2k

I like that one aswell but I know what that one is.. I think it's a WW1 carrier (battlaship hooked) aircraft or perhaps off of a Zepplen. They both would need to be able to be recovered at sea. I'm still looking. I like the sept wing of the biplane aswell it having floats. It really looks quite cool. I like all the aircraft in the movie actually I think there is a shakelton in there aswell that his (would be girlfriend) gets captured on. The pirates force to land..It's mix of a few ideas from different superheroes. The Phantom was written in 1936 so perhaps these ideas propogated out from this story then the otherway round. I'm still looking... As it's a pretty obscure movie. It's hard to get data on it. Outside of the reviews. I scene when it came out as a 'B' side movie at the drive in.. I should have taped it when it was on the tele yesterday though.. No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest Ronson2k

(tried to edit the previous post but couldn't)Anyway I think I found the plane. It's the Bucker BU 131-133. It's a combination of these two aircraft with floats added to make in amphib. So I'm off to the lIbrary to see if there are any of these two aircraft as they look quite cool - even if not floated I never pass up a good bipe as a rule.Thanks to all that may have been helping in the searchNo doubt about it...Ronson2k