Sign in to follow this  
samuelgeorge

Button control with PACX

Hi - I recently started using the FSCrew product manager (had been using FSCrew for A320 for a while before, but I guess it hadn't updated... so I think this is something that's changed in a recent update), and I now have the following issue when using button control while PACX is also running:

• The FScrew panel does not stay 'active' - i.e., I have to click on the FSCrew panel (to bring it 'front'?) before the assigned button will do anything (I then have to repeat every time I have moved the mouse away and want to come back to FSCrew - which is not ideal during busy stages of flight like climb or final). It seems to be something to do with the panel not staying 'on top' when the PACX bridge UI is also running (which creates its own HUD panel at the bottom of the screen) - the button control method works fine when the 'PACX bridge' UI is not running, even if the main PACX program is still running. I realize you cannot guarantee compatible with all other third-party add-ons, but this is definitely a new issue (I used FSCrew with button control + PACX with the HUD PACX bridge UI with previous version with no issue - has something changed re: how the panel 'pinning' etc. works?). 

Any help much appreciated!

Edited by samuelgeorge

Hi,

Panel active:  Click the "PIN" icon on the top of the panel.  That'll force the FS2Crew panel to always stay on top / in front of your screen (based on Z order).

If the panel is not pinned, if you click inside the MSFS window (assuming you only have 1 window) the FS2Crew panel will go behind the MSFS screen, and thus out of view.

Pinning the FS2Crew panel forces it to always stay visible.

Or you can just use the Command Center.

Edited by byork

Thanks for your reply, Byork. 

The issue is that, even if I click to 'pin' the FScrew panel, it does not seem to stay 'on top' when the PACX UI ("PACX bridge") is also running. My workaround is to disable the PACX UI (the main PACX program can still run without it), then everything works fine. I realize this isn't strictly a problem with FSCrew (as it only happens in combination with another third-party add-on). It's just strange that this problem didn't seem to occur in previous version.

In any case - very happy with FSCrew and my PACX workaround is good enough for now.

Thanks for your help.

Just create shortcuts for the PACX menu and HUD, it's easy to do in the options menu. Then you can hit a key to toggle them off/on as needed. Even better, get a good headset and go hands free, together with PBE it's a great way to fly! 🙂 

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |