Sign in to follow this  
davjones

WilcoPub 737 PIC - Faster way to change MCP settings?

Hi all -To begin with, I know I'm posting this question in the wrong place -- it should be on the WilcoPub 737 discussion forum. But I cannot register there. I tried, but never received the registration e-mail that would have completed to process. An e-mail inquiry to the the host site -- iemit.com -- boucnced, and a followup directly to Wilco Publishing for help remains unanswered after a week. With that background out of the way, I am hoping to find someone here who has experience with this aircraft and may be able to help. When I began this post I thought maybe a registered user could relay my question to the forum, but now I see that the site won't load at all, so maybe it's kappuut at this point. I don't know, but it's frustrating.Anyway, my biggest problem in using this aircraft (really the panel) is that the numbers advance too slowly when making changes on the MCP, especially to the heading. I always fly with Radar Contact ATC, and the length of time it takes to make the changes is greater than the time you have to do it in, especially since you are often given large changes to both heading and altitude at the same time. You just don't have 30 seconds or whatever it may take to make these changes, and I wonder if anyone has come up with a way around this problem. This may not sound like a big deal, but it may be the one problem that keeps me from being able to get any meaningful use out of this add-on.Less important, but I'm also curious about whether or not anyone has seen the 'PRE-FLT COMPLETE' message on the CDU when all steps have been completed. I cannot get that message with this panel. Maybe I'm missing something, but with other Boeing panels it has not been a problem to get to that point.I'm trying to get to like this aircraft and I really want to be able to use it, but with a few technical problems, no useful manual, and now no support, things aren't looking too good at the moment. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the DreamFleet 727 and LDS 767...I'll say thanks very much now for any help anyone can provide. ...DaveDave JonesFort McCoy, Florida USA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave,I'm using FS9 for the PIC737 but I would assume ( oh, shoot me now! ) that the controls should be the same for FSX. I discovered that if you left click a control instead of the normal right click it increases/decreases by a factor of 10. So left clicking on the altitude will increase/decrease by 1000 instead of 100. Speed and heading will increase/decrease by 10 instead of 1. Sure made my life easier where RC4 is concerned.JimBob"Master of the Sr. Moment"

Thanks very much, Jom Bob. That's exactly the answer I needed. If this important tidbit is documented, it must be in the same section where it tells you to engage TO/GA by clicking the screw head next to the arm switch! Seriously, I appreciate you giving me the information I should have been able to get from WilcoPub.Any comment on that other question about the 'PRE-FLT COMPLETE' message on the takeoff page of the CDU? Has anyone ever seen this?Thanks! Going on vacation for two weeks so I'll not be able to reply to any posts for a little while...Dave JonesFort McCoy, Florida USA