Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Peel

Request: "I didn't say that" button.

Hello FS2Crew.

I have a feature request, but I am not sure it if is even possible, or something easy, but you might be able to assess and consider it in a future version.

Quite often it might pick up a sound or a cough, or I will say something and it will miss hear it.
Very frequently my VFO turns the "Bird" on, and it gets quite annoying. Another one but a little less frequent is "Gear Down" when I cough.

I am worried that this will cause some sort of confirmation bias feedback loop, and Voice Recognition system (FS2Crew, or Windows, I don't know) is learning from the wrong thing.

It would be nice if there was an "I didn't say that" button on the little Window, which could pop up a few options of other close matches 
Something like: "Maybe you said: Nav, Nav Blue, Not on list, Just clearing thought".

This might be a way to correct any voice training that is going in the wrong direction.

The best solution to this is to use "Push To Talk" mode instead of Open Mic mode.

That way if you cough or something, it won't be detected by the speech recognition system.

If Open Mic is an absolute must, I would suggest engaging Hard Mute during long periods of expected inactivity.

Also, delete your voice profile and re-train your voice.  That can give you better speech recognition results.

Cheers,

• Like 1