Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

MSFS Marketplace or purchase buttons grayed out.

The most common cure for the Marketplace to be grayed out (i.e. cannot even enter the Marketplace) is that Data is turned off in General Options. It has to be on because the Marketplace is actually on the web.

But if you can enter the Marketplace OK , but the "Purchase and Update" buttons are grayed out, the most common reasons are:

1) If you have the Steam version: The Steam, Settings, In Game, Enable the Steam Overlay checkbox is not checked. It must be checked to order from the marketplace.

2) With any version: If you tried to make a purchase and it did not complete, then the marketplace will try for 72 hours to complete the purchase, meanwhile the 'Purchase' buttons for any item in marketplace will be grayed out.

Example:  You try to purchase using Paypal but your Paypal linked credit card is not valid for some reason. Instead of just killing the transaction, MSFS marketplace will keep trying to complete the sale for 72 hours.

But there are two ways to try and force the marketplace to kill the non completing order you have placed. This method was emailed to me by Zendesk.

================

2A: If a transaction was stuck in a pending state, this is probably why the "Buy and Download" button was grayed out. 

In the future, if you click on purchase and nothing happens for a few minutes we recommend signing out, waiting 60 seconds or more then restarting the sim. This should force the transaction to fail or succeed immediately, and the Buy and Download button should become available again. If it wasn't the case, you can always contact us.

ON PC
  1. Click on your gamertag in the top right corner of the screen
  2. Click Sign out
  3. Close the sim and wait a few moments
  4. Launch the sim again and Sign in

ON XBOX
  1. Click on your gamertag in the top right corner of the screen
  2. Click Sign out
  3. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
  4. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and select Quit.
  5. Restart the game.

2B: Twice I had to file a Zendesk request to restore the purchase buttons. In both cases it took over a day (30 hours) for Zendesk to manually terminate the transaction and restore the ability to purchase (Buy and Download button). Otherwise it would have taken much longer.

Zendesk chat line and phone number: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

Submit a help request: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Complete the form in the link like this:

"Submit a Request"... choose "I need technical support"

"How Can We Help?"... choose "I have an issue with a purchase"

"I Have the Following Problem"....choose "The buy and download button is grayed out"

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.