Sign in to follow this  
Softpxl

Replacement for gtx 1060 3gb gpu

I've had my 1060 for almost 7 years now and it's really showing it's age. Used to have and average of 20 to 30fps with it, despite it being a 3gb variant, but it is starting to show it's age.
Now I've been saving up money for a complete new setup but I need to replace my current gpu with urgency for reasons aside of p3d. So I've been looking for a new gpu, but I'm a bit on a budget.
I've seen people using P3Dv4 and v5 with a 1600 series card and getting 30+ pretty busy areas on medium settings. But I've also seen people using a 2000 series and 3000 series and having 30+ fps om medium to high setting.

My question is, which gpu do you use and can you recommend it for my situation?

Before upgrading the graphics card you should also take into consideration your CPU, RAM, and power supply. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

8 minutes ago, stans said:

Before upgrading the graphics card you should also take into consideration your CPU, RAM, and power supply. 

Benchmarks will be out soon and i think you will smaller die size of the 3050 will use less power than older CPU`s the PSU should be fine.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

But if the computer has a slow CPU, what benefit will a faster GPU represent?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, stans said:

But if the computer has a slow CPU, what benefit will a faster GPU represent?

Eye candy that`s what GPU`s do higher settings as the GPU handles the graphics, at 1080p a 3090 is not much better than a 2080 in terms of fraps but you can run at 4K better than a 2080. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg