Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Whetton

VRInsight MCP1 rotary control knob delay in QW787

I have FSX QW787. VRInsight MCP1 the most up to date versions of Linda 3.1.1, the module for QW787 1.1 and FSUIPC 4.977 registered.

My issue is, when I turn a rotary knob control, whether it be for SPD HDG ALT, there is a long delay before the numbers on the VRInsight display matches the QW787 display. I can turn the control so the figure advances rapidly but when I stop, the display on the QW787 is nowhere near what the VRInsight display is showing to the point where the VRInsight display changes to what the QW787 is showing. Annoying when I need to increase a value, say height, from 1000ft to 10000ft. I can get as far as increasing it to 1500ft on the VRInsight,......pause to get a better hold on the knob only for the VRInsight display to drop back to say 1200 because thats what is on the QW787 display. All that turning for a small increase. I takes an age to get both to match to my desired setting.

Thank you

Andy W

Edited by Bluepoint

It sounds like you have the FSX default functions assigned to your MCP knobs. These update the offset (internal) values for a value and LINDA only updates the display once a second (1 Hz). You need to look at the QW787 module functions. This may (I haven’t looked) offer you a _inc and _incfast function and the like. These should update the display for every click. The fast option normally moves in multiple steps. For Airbus aircraft the Alt only moves in 100 or 1000ft steps.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Andrew

Thank you for the reply. The update does seem to take 1 sec per click, but I've since discovered that the same is happening to the PMDG777.

Yes, for all rotary control knobs there are inc and incfast and dec and decfast etc etc for both QW787 AND the PMDG777.

I was rather hoping that the default FSX functions were present but as is happening to the PMDG777 and its rotary controls functions have inc and incfast etc etc I am somewhat stumped.

Regards

Andy W

Having time to get to my PC I can see the correct functions that should be assigned to the QW787 from the specific aircraft module.

These are QW_AP_xxx_inc, _incfast, _dec and decfast where xxx is replaced with Spd, Hdg, Alt and VS. The ALT functions step in 1000 or 100 feet increments and also update the display with every click.

Similarly for the PMDG 777, the same functions with the prefix PMDG_AP_ should be used with the MCP1. The ALT moves in steps of 5 due to way the module was designed and limitations of the PMDG aircraft interface.

The default FSX functions are only meant to be used with basic default aircraft like the C172 not add-on airliners from Aerosoft PMDG and QW.

LINDA is designed to update the VRI MCP display at 1Hz. So if you operate the flt sim virtual cockpit knobs there will be a delay before you see the VRI MCP update. This has always been the case.

I hope that answered your question.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew