Sign in to follow this  
sipos

TileProxy - Oh what a flight !!!

Guest dom993

Christian,I cannot thank you enough for bringing TileProxy to the community. I have been looking for photoreal sceneries for years, buying & creating a few, TileProxy is just incredible !I spent a full evening wowing during my 1st flight in Rennes France (LFRN), this area has real high def. images on Google Earth, and the result in FSX is outstanding.THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!I found that FSX loads the high defs bitmaps faster when limiting the FPS - I was initially flying FPS unlimited, about 100 fps but not all tiles would come high-def - then I settled on target 30 FPS, et voila - all suroundings in crisp high def.Thanks again,Dominique

Guest cbuchner1

Well, let me try Rennes as well. I'm curious ;)

Guest cbuchner1

Rennes was kind of flat, so I tried another random French location. ;)Marseilles / Provence is a pretty amazing location. Take off from the airport and fly southeastwards along the coastline, until end up at those huge Granite rock formations.

Guest sunstriker

Im there now totally stunningOh did I tell you youre a genius m8Rich

Guest cbuchner1

The sim only accesses the World folder containing tiles im BMP format. And yes, it works even without TP running if you have previously flown in that area. Just don't expect things to update much without running TileProxy. ;)

Thanks for your response Christian!Ok, FSX accesses the BMP files in the world folder... So when you start a flight (with TP on) does it clear out the previous scenery from your last flight, or does it add-on to it? The reason i'm wondering this is I want to keep a large area of scenery with out TP running. Is there anyway to do this? Do i need to keep my files in the cache folder as well? Thanks for your patients. much appreciated.