Hi All,

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts on this issue.  I have been using Little NavMap since the middle of last year along with MSFS with little to no issues.  That included a flight from KACV to KBOK on Jan 16, 2022.  I most often fly only on Sundays.

Starting on my flight continuation from KBOK on January 23, when trying to access the OpenStreetMap, Most of the map is blocked out with the repeated message, "Contact [[User:DJ]] if you want to maintain OSMdb and/or the wmflabs' OSM tile server."  At the time, the OpenTopoMap seemed to work fine so I used it.  This week's flight from KRBG to KEUG, added the more make issue of not showing the airport overlay as normal and NO parking spaces, taxiways, . . .   This happened before the new map themes were added.  Those are excellent and thanks so much for them but they did not correct either the OpenStreetMap or NO parking spaces, taxiways issue. I studied the manual and tried adjusting the options without resolution.  

One possible influence to this problem is in the time between all working fine and not working fine, it the I lost internet connection and tried to make a flight plan creation anyway, which due to the blur map tile outside my recent plan I could not proceed.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I may try next?

If I have missed clear instructions on this issue, please forgive me,

Thanks Again,

Bob Domine

Little NavMap Supporter

Edited by BobDomine

6 hours ago, BobDomine said:

Those are excellent and thanks so much for them but they did not correct either the OpenStreetMap or NO parking spaces, taxiways issue.

What no parking spaces issue? Can you describe this of post a screenshot?

Alex

• Like 1

Have you tried changing the theme ?   In an earlier post Alexander explained why OpenStreetMap is giving the problems you see - server access has been withdrawn (without notice).

The advice is to select a different map theme

Select Menu Item  View

at the bottom of the list of options select Theme

Then pick a theme which is NOT openstreetmap.  I chose   StamenTerrain. 

Using that theme I get parking spaces !!

Edited by GB014934
  • Like 1

Regards

Trevor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your help on this.

I have included 2 screenshot images (URL links), the first of the Contact User error message and the second of the missing parking, taxiways,  . . .  I have used the Imgur website to generate both the link and embedded post.  If you can see these okay, the issues will be obvious. On the OpenStreetMap, it is as though the permission to download has been corrupted.  On the parking/taxiways issue is as if the airport overlay is missing.  

I have not added any new virus/ malware protection programs or changed settings but that is not to say that one of their updates has not done something. I have Avast and Malwarebytes as I have for many years,

Regards,

Bob Domine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Trevor,

Thank, you also.  Yes, I have tried all this but to no positive results.

I appreciate your responses.

The screenshots links are included below.

Regards,

Bob Domine

https://imgur.com/a/wfRO63q

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/wfRO63q" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/wfRO63q"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://imgur.com/a/yzDPU10

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yzDPU10" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/yzDPU10"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@BobDomine Thank you for the screenshots. This helps a lot. I see a few issues.

1. Your map details are set too high ("Detail +5" in the status bar). The result is a cluttered map. You can reset these in LNM menu "View" -> "Details" to "Default Detail".
2. The map is using Navigraph data for airports as seen by the white runways and the indication "(MSFS)" in the window titlebar. Go to menu "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph AIRAC ..." and select "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures". This is the default. Navigraph data has no apron and taxiway information. Therefore, you see the background map (OpenTopoMap) and not what is in the simulator.
3. About the the white "DJ" message boxes on the map: Disable "Show Hillshading" in the menu "View" to get rid of this message. Then you can also use the OpenStreetMap again.

Alex

• Like 2

Hi Alex,

Wonderful!!! That fixed all my issues! Everything now looks back to normal with the great addition of the new maps. 

I am not quite sure how I had gotten into this mess.  Thanks for getting me out of it.

Warmest Regards,

Bob Domine