Sign in to follow this  
fior

Not able to operate Linda in FS2020

Hi,

I usually operate Linda with P3Dv5  without any issue.

I tried the last version of Linda for MSFS2020. I followed carefully your instruction to start it inside the program ( LINDA, MSFS and then connect Fsuipc).

The setting page says that everything is ok but in the window near "Sync to SIM" I get only "Aircraft", but not " MSFS Default" as waited. No way to change it, if I force "Msfs2020 default" as soon I sync to sim the windows return in aircraft.That makes Linda not operating with any default aircraft in FS2020.

It seems like Linda is not able to recognize the list of MSFS default aircraft. 

May someone help me please?

hI @fior sorry to hear of your troubles. The latest version is LINDA 4.1.1 which corrects an earlier fault. Check the fsuipc7.log for any *** LUA Errors.

Also check you are using the latest FSUIPC 7.2.15 and that it is registered.

Please read and follow the fault diagnosis procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the fsuipc7.log and linda2.log files.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

5 hours ago, fior said:

Hi,

I usually operate Linda with P3Dv5  without any issue.

I tried the last version of Linda for MSFS2020. I followed carefully your instruction to start it inside the program ( LINDA, MSFS and then connect Fsuipc).

The setting page says that everything is ok but in the window near "Sync to SIM" I get only "Aircraft", but not " MSFS Default" as waited. No way to change it, if I force "Msfs2020 default" as soon I sync to sim the windows return in aircraft.That makes Linda not operating with any default aircraft in FS2020.

It seems like Linda is not able to recognize the list of MSFS default aircraft. 

May someone help me please?

Hi! Sorry about my English!

I have the same behavior of LINDA 4.1.1.138.

In "linda2.log" file I have error "SetFaultDiagnosisMode - LogOptionProtect Access violation at address 39F8839F in module 'LINDA.exe'. Read of address 39F8839F [5]" (Same error in LINDA`s console). 

LINDA won't let me enter the Tracer at all!

May be you need any .log files?

Any help?

@AndrewZAP1977 you need to click Maintenance and Fault Diagnosis Mode to enter the tracer. Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Mode procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs.

PS. There are occasions that an error is trapped and logged in linda2.log but this should have no impact on operation.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Problem with selecting MSFS Default aircraft profile fixed in LINDA 4.1.2. See Downloads.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 2/3/2022 at 11:53 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Problem with selecting MSFS Default aircraft profile fixed in LINDA 4.1.2. See Downloads.

@ScotFlieger

Hi old friend

I installed LINDA 4.1.2, installed FSUIPC 7.2.15 and it's registered, installed A32nx-LINDA-aircraft-module 0.10.2, but,  it doesn't work, all the peripheral hardware switch buttons don't work , I am particularly concerned about how the APU MASTER\START\BLEED button of FWB320 should be set

Again I need to see the logs. ‘It doesn’t work’ is not enough. I can’t guess. Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure under LINDA Support.

There are delays with FSUIPC7 reading available Lvars and the start order can cause issues. Please read the latest release notes for LINDA 4.1.x especially those on using the FSUIPC7.INI LvarScanDelay= which should be set to 45 or 60 secs. I am starting MSFS and loading the aircraft and waiting at least a minute before starting FSUIPC7. Whenever I change anything I am also clicking on Reload LUA Engine to ensure everything is in place. Are you trying to use any liveries? What release of FBW have you downloaded?

Finally, I will remind you that the FBW A320NX module 0.10.2 is very much a work In progress. Joe and I are working hard to expand and update it for users. FBW is also in development and not everything works as we would expect.

For normal flying I would recommend using P3Dv5.3 and Aerosoft/FSLabs A320.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

我再次需要查看日志。“它不起作用”是不够的。我猜不出来。请阅读并遵循 LINDA 支持下的故障诊断程序。

FSUIPC7 读取可用 Lvar 存在延迟,启动顺序可能会导致问题。请阅读 LINDA 4.1.x 的最新版本说明,尤其是那些使用 FSUIPC7.INI LvarScanDelay= 的说明,应该设置为 45 或 60 秒。我正在启动 MSFS 并加载飞机,并在启动 FSUIPC7 之前等待至少一分钟。每当我更改任何内容时,我都会单击重新加载 LUA 引擎以确保一切就绪。您是否尝试使用任何肝脏?您下载了哪个版本的 FBW?

最后,我会提醒您,FBW A320NX 模块 0.10.2 是一项非常正在进行中的工作。Joe 和我正在努力为用户扩展和更新它。FBW 也在开发中,并非一切都像我们预期的那样工作。

对于正常飞行,我建议使用 P3Dv5.3 和 Aerosoft/FSLabs A320。

Recently flying MSFS2020 (1.22.20), using FWB A320 (0.74), the problem now is, install LINDA 4.1.2, install FSUIPC 7.2.15 and register, install A32nx-LINDA-aircraft-module 0.10.2. Hardware VRI FCU altitude, speed, heading, elevation rate knobs work fine, but ND MODE and ND RANGE knobs don't work. The key settings of the hardware TCA Q-ENG are all invalid, including lighting and APU. Please support!

I have emailed you the log file, thank you very much and joe for your hard work

Hi @zhensanmao, thank you for your report and the log files. There are a number of problems that I can see.

You need to turn on Fault Diagnosis Mode by clicking Maintenance and the large button at the bottom. Also in LINDA Console ensure VERBOSE logging (not DEBUG) is selected. Debug gives too much data.

Whenever you have a problem with LINDA look at the Console window and FSUIPC7.log. If you see any lines starting "*** LUA Error" then the LINDA LUA code will stop running and nothing will work correctly.

The errors I can see suggest that FSUIPC7 has not scanned all Lvars. There is an issue with MSFS2020 that causes a delay in preparing the Lvars for FSUIPC7 to read. This is mentioned in the FSUIPC Setup annex in the LINDA 4.1.x Release Notes. You need to add an entry to FSUIPC_WASM.INI under [GENERAL] for LvarScanDelay=45 (or 60). I recommend that you Start MSFS, then LINDA, wait at least a minute and then start FSUIPC 7.2.15. LINDA Tracer should list over 1200 Lvars if the load is correct.

There is another issue with using a third-party livery like Air China. There is an entry need to made to the FSUIPC_WASM.INI file to change how FSUIPC7 model matches (see FSUIPC Support website). For testing purposes I recommend that you load the basic FBW A32NX Neo livery.

Finally, the A32NX module 0.10.2 has problems with the APU functions. These are currently being worked on and will be in the next release.

Please re-run the Fault Diagnosis test and email me the new logs.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

10 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi @zhensanmao, thank you for your report and the log files. There are a number of problems that I can see.

You need to turn on Fault Diagnosis Mode by clicking Maintenance and the large button at the bottom. Also in LINDA Console ensure VERBOSE logging (not DEBUG) is selected. Debug gives too much data.

Whenever you have a problem with LINDA look at the Console window and FSUIPC7.log. If you see any lines starting "*** LUA Error" then the LINDA LUA code will stop running and nothing will work correctly.

The errors I can see suggest that FSUIPC7 has not scanned all Lvars. There is an issue with MSFS2020 that causes a delay in preparing the Lvars for FSUIPC7 to read. This is mentioned in the FSUIPC Setup annex in the LINDA 4.1.x Release Notes. You need to add an entry to FSUIPC_WASM.INI under [GENERAL] for LvarScanDelay=45 (or 60). I recommend that you Start MSFS, then LINDA, wait at least a minute and then start FSUIPC 7.2.15. LINDA Tracer should list over 1200 Lvars if the load is correct.

There is another issue with using a third-party livery like Air China. There is an entry need to made to the FSUIPC_WASM.INI file to change how FSUIPC7 model matches (see FSUIPC Support website). For testing purposes I recommend that you load the basic FBW A32NX Neo livery.

Finally, the A32NX module 0.10.2 has problems with the APU functions. These are currently being worked on and will be in the next release.

Hi @ScotFlieger

Thank you very much, I will try again, I will reply to the email as soon as possible

Edited by ScotFlieger

9 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

Hi @ScotFlieger

Thank you very much, I will try again, I will reply to the email as soon as possible

10 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

According to your requirements, click Maintenance, open failure mode, select (VERBOSE), and add LvarScanDelay=60 under [GENERAL] of FSUIPC7.INI. Start MSFS first, then LINDA, and then FSUIPC 7.2.15 a minute later. Load the basic FBW A32NX Neo livery. Rerun the troubleshooting tests. Email you now, thanks

Edited by ScotFlieger

@zhensanmao thank you for the latest emailed logs. They are now showing me what I need to see.

The problem is associated with the Lvars XMLVAR_Autopilot_Altitude_Increment which is either not present or returning a nil value. There will be a fix for this in the next module release.

I would ask you to do some checks for me.

• Click on Reload LUA Engine and wait until LINDA reports ready.
  • Click on LINDA Tracer.
  • What are the values under Lua Variables (eg. 1135/1135).
  • Click on Reload Lvars List.
  • What are the values now?
  • Enter XMLVAR_Autopilot in Lvar Filter box.
  • Is the above Lvars listed?

There is basically nothing I can do for you now. You will need to wait for the module to be updated. The ALTSTEP errors can be ignored - select Debug Level less than VERBOSE and close Console.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

19 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

@zhensanmao thank you for the latest emailed logs. They are now showing me what I need to see.

The problem is associated with the Lvars XMLVAR_Autopilot_Altitude_Increment which is either not present or returning a nil value. There will be a fix for this in the next module release.

I would ask you to do some checks for me.

• Click on Reload LUA Engine and wait until LINDA reports ready.
  • Click on LINDA Tracer.
  • What are the values under Lua Variables (eg. 1135/1135).
  • Click on Reload Lvars List.
  • What are the values now?
  • Enter XMLVAR_Autopilot in Lvar Filter box.
  • Is the above Lvars listed?

There is basically nothing I can do for you now. You will need to wait for the module to be updated. The ALTSTEP errors can be ignored - select Debug Level less than VERBOSE and close Console.

OK

@zhensanmao just received an email from you with nothing attached. Nothing else received since yesterday. The questions above can be answered in text on this forum. No more emails needed. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

41 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

@zhensanmao just received an email from you with nothing attached. Nothing else received since yesterday. The questions above can be answered in text on this forum. No more emails needed. 

I have 4 attachments with the email, one of which is a video. I start MS2020 first, then start LINDA, and then start FSUIPC7.CLICK ON RELOAD LUAENGINE, RANHOU CLICK ON LINDA TRACER.LINDA CONSOLE after a minute, the scroll bar keeps turning for 3 minutes. I don't see the values under variables. Then click on reload lvars list, then enter XMLVAR_Autopilot in the Lvar Filter box, there is no LVAR listed。Maybe I'm doing it wrong