BINTL

P3Dv5.3 HF2 Default Night Building Textures Black

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngNew install of P3Dv5.3 Hotfix 2 with no addons and no previous install of P3D and some buildings have no night textures. This is at every city on the globe. Not sure out of the box with default everything these textures seem to be missing. I have formatted my SSD and reinstalled Windows and P3Dv5 three times. In the process I adjusted the CFG Texture Bandwidth Multi from default 30 to 120 did not work and Scenery Draw Distance is 32000.000000.
I have adjusted P3D settings from low to high as well as frame rate and nothing makes a difference, I still get black building textures here and there everywhere.
This did not occur in P3Dv4.5 so I'm disappointed that every city I go to in 5.3 I see this, especially with default textures and no addons whatsoever. Any help, recommendations, suggestions, solutions, tips, is appreciated to resolve this. Thanks.

Edited by BINTL
Forgot to add images.

Thanks,

A. Bradley

i7-9700 o/c 4.8GHz, RTX 2070 Super F/E, 1TB Samsung Evo SSD, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 MB

Did you try disabling "dynamic Texture Streaming" in Settings - Display - Image and Texture Quality? This has solved this issue for me in the pass. 

John C.

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

I have the same problem and dynamic texture streaming has been disabled but I still have no lights on the landmark buildings in Atlanta, Chicago, and Syndey but NY, Hong Kong, and London look fine.

3 hours ago, jwill919 said:

I have the same problem and dynamic texture streaming has been disabled but I still have no lights on the landmark buildings in Atlanta, Chicago, and Syndey but NY, Hong Kong, and London look fine.

• What version of P3D 5 ? e.g. I'm running P3D v5.3.17.
  • What's your PC specs too ?
  • Also got a screen grab ?
  • How are you limiting frame rates and what is it set to ? vsync ? internal P3D ? or external like in the NVidia control panel or Riva Tuner ?

There is a few prepar3D.cfg values I always use for texture and lighting.

[GRAPHICS]
//MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=1000.000000  // default value, 1000000.000000 is max I've tested.
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE increases the memory allocation units for holding textures, this stops textures from delayed loading (or not loading at all) by increasing memory units used for texture fetching.

The default 1000 value is way too small a value for its is intended usage and If you want textures to be aggressively fetched trial higher values e.g. 1000000.000000 is the max I've trialed. (I have 32 GB ram and 12 GB of vram).

Buildings are generally emmisively lit, but these two settings may apply as well, also placed under the [GRAPHICS] section.

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=1000
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=1000

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

P3DV5.4.9.28482

Windows 11, i7-13700F, RTX 3060, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Unlimited in P3D Vsync on, monitor is 100HZ and I haven't locked FPS in NVIDIA

I don't know why I can't attach screenshots from my desktop but I'm working on it

On 5/11/2024 at 12:10 AM, jwill919 said:

P3DV5.4.9.28482

Windows 11, i7-13700F, RTX 3060, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Unlimited in P3D Vsync on, monitor is 100HZ and I haven't locked FPS in NVIDIA

I don't know why I can't attach screenshots from my desktop but I'm working on it

So...

• P3D 5.4
  • Adequate hardware

I don't see how your vsync is going to work if your monitor is at 100hz, you'd need to be able to achieve a minimum of 100 fps in P3D for the vsync to take effect, is it a GSync monitor ? if so is GSync enabled ?

Does the monitor support 60 Hz ? if so you can trial vsync on in P3D while using the NVidia control panel 1/2 Hz vsync. e.g. a 60 Hz screen mode would vsync @ 30 fps.

30 frames per second will unload the GPU and CPU and give headroom to P3D to expand it's graphic's capabilities.

Have you trialled the Prepar3D.cfg settings I've listed ?

For screen grabs you need to post a screen grab on a third party website and then link it back to your post here by pasting in the URL.

See below, it's a little out of date regarding the embeding options but the general gist covers it. I myself use Steam as a pic repository, but there are many others.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
How to add a screen grab

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

Yes, I have edited the P3D cfg and as far as I can tell my monitor does not have G Sync

Also I disabled v-sync in P3D and still get about 80-100 FPS unless I'm in a heavy third party airport with AI. I have experimented with 30-50FPS lock but it has no impact on the missing textures.

Screenshots of Atlanta and Boston but I've seen the issues in almost every city I fly to. In fact I don't think it's even missing textures so much as the night versions are not switching over.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 095852Screenshot 2024-05-10 100243Screenshot 2024-05-10 100945

7 hours ago, jwill919 said:

Yes, I have edited the P3D cfg and as far as I can tell my monitor does not have G Sync

Also I disabled v-sync in P3D and still get about 80-100 FPS unless I'm in a heavy third party airport with AI. I have experimented with 30-50FPS lock but it has no impact on the missing textures.

Screenshots of Atlanta and Boston but I've seen the issues in almost every city I fly to. In fact I don't think it's even missing textures so much as the night versions are not switching over.

Ok, GSync would be like vsync at any Hz.

I don't think you're understanding how vsync works, basically it syncs the sim to the monitor's screen mode scanrate, e.g. if your screen mode is 60 hz your frame rate will be locked at 60 fps, assuming that is... the sim can actually achieve 60 fps consistantly, if you use the NVidia Control Panel 1/2 scan rate vsync option then the fps will be 1/2 of the current scan rate e.g. 30 fps for a 60 Hz sceen mode.

In anycase I see the same @ Boston, they are either too emissive or are black.

Likely these are items LM need to address, which maybe they'll do for P3d v6, although more likely they'll fall into the low priority & too hard basket given the default scenery is essentually FSX with minor adjustments and LM doesn't seem at all focused on updating.

Maybe enable content reporting in the P3D config and then review the resultant log file, perhaps there are missing textures.

A report on the LM forum would be the best option, the LM dev crew could at least see the issue.

cheers