Sign in to follow this  
sonjamichelle

Pink Liveries

I loaded up an ARFF truck at KGLA to do a bit of plane spotting so I could see PSXseecon in action. So far everything is working, I'm getting traffic (Lots of traffic!) and it looks down right cool!

The one oddity I noticed is that I have Pink Checkered Liveries though as I move closer or the aircraft moves closer to me it rezzes out properly. Is this first time caching quirk for newly seen liveries? Or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

I have an 10th Gen Intel i9 28 Core CPU with 128GB RAM running dual Nvidia RTX2080 Supers. I have 6 monitors with the "main" set of monitors in Surround. The other 3 are for ancillary programs.

With my surround setup screen shots don't play nicely with forums so I will post an external link to my gallery with a few screen shots.

https://gallery.sonjas-hangar.us/thumbnails.php?album=9

I was sitting here at KPHX, the AI aircraft are taxing to the runway, but hold then disappear. Is there a quick start guide/video showing the proper settings?

1 hour ago, sonjamichelle said:

The one oddity I noticed is that I have Pink Checkered Liveries though as I move closer or the aircraft moves closer to me it rezzes out properly. Is this first time caching quirk for newly seen liveries? Or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

What ai aircraft set are you using? 

1 hour ago, sonjamichelle said:

I was sitting here at KPHX, the AI aircraft are taxing to the runway, but hold then disappear. Is there a quick start guide/video showing the proper settings?

There is no quick start video, the default settings are ok. Otherwise study the Manual, please.

You cannot do anything about aircraft that suddenly disappear. That's because of a hic-up in the trafffic data stream coming from RealTraffic. They will pop up a littel while later. Maybe in the real world a  building blocked the transponder signal. 

Edited by kiek

The pink textures usually result from long filenames. Try to shorten the file path for your AI aircraft/liveries - move them to a directory closer to the hard drive root.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

18 hours ago, kiek said:

What ai aircraft set are you using? 

Honestly I really don't know. Available AI packages is a bit more confusing with MSFS than it used to be. I was looking at the Alpha India Group, but their download server is down. I did install version 12 of the Livery Mega Pack. But if I understand correctly, those just provide liveries for the installed airliners. I've been out of Simming for a few years so most of what I learned with 2002/2004 and FSX is really stale.

There is no quick start video, the default settings are ok. Otherwise study the Manual, please.

Yup, I found that out. I did read through and found the way to reset my settings in case it was something I "tinkered" with. I haven't had a chance to retest. Hope to soon though.

You cannot do anything about aircraft that suddenly disappear. That's because of a hic-up in the trafffic data stream coming from RealTraffic. They will pop up a littel while later. Maybe in the real world a  building blocked the transponder signal. 

Being an Amateur Radio Operator and involved in radios for Military/Police/Fire/EMS I certainly understand that. 😉

I think ultimately it was a setting I tinkered with. I do have a nice video at KGLA of a long line of airliners taking off. Then I touched things, hehe. The manual showed me how to reset. RTFM! right?  😉 

Edited by sonjamichelle
typo fix

47 minutes ago, sonjamichelle said:

I did install version 12 of the Livery Mega Pack.

That's not the way to go. These are user flyable aicraft, they cost far too much cpu/gpu time.

First choice is AIG, second  IVAO (see the Quick Start Guide)

2 hours ago, kiek said:

First choice is AIG, second  IVAO (see the Quick Start Guide)

That appeared to be the missing ingredient. Since AIG is down for some time until their main programmer gats back from vacation, they weren't an option. I was confused by IVAO since the program seemed to only be the ATC client. Then I remembered back in the day about AI multi-player packages. The MTL was just what I was looking for!

Yay! No more Pink Checkers! I hopped on over to KJFK and saw LOTS of JetBlue, Delta, American, Sun Country and what appeared to be a vintage Lufthansa bird. Heck even an airbus A380 showed up to the party!

spacer.png

A quick stop over to Memphis (KMEM) an was delighted to see the obligatory FedEx cargo bird. 

Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Screenshot_20

Sadly though a jump over to the Luke AFB (KLUF) there were no military aircraft. Hopefully in the future! I know I DID see a USAF registered flight on the TCAS as I was flying out of Phoenix to Sedona the other day.