Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

Jagged shadow p3d v5.3

Have been away from the sim world for a year or so. Decided to try v5.3 today and notice jagged shadow on a buildings at SFO. It also moves when I pan my view. Any idea what can be the cause? Haven't seen it in previous version of P3D. 

spacer.png

Danny F

6 minutes ago, FlyCathay said:

Have been away from the sim world for a year or so. Decided to try v5.3 today and notice jagged shadow on a buildings at SFO. It also moves when I pan my view. Any idea what can be the cause? Haven't seen it in previous version of P3D. 

spacer.png

I don't think it's shadow but the Truesky Volumetric cloud night sky interfere with the buildings. If you turn up the Volumetric cloud slider to above medium it probably will get less. 

Regard

Marcus (P3D Beta Tester)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

20 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I don't think it's shadow but the Truesky Volumetric cloud night sky interfere with the buildings. If you turn up the Volumetric cloud slider to above medium it probably will get less. 

Regard

Marcus (P3D Beta Tester)

Already at ultra. I also tried to turn off EA but still no luck. You are right that it probably is not shadow coz it seems only happen at night.

Danny F

1 hour ago, FlyCathay said:

Already at ultra. I also tried to turn off EA but still no luck. You are right that it probably is not shadow coz it seems only happen at night.

Then it´s the "TrueSky Shader" not interfering well with "earth (Buildings, Terrain etc.)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

It is the Dynamic Lights / Light Effects themselves imho. I don't know if its outdated Effects Files or just another "Graphics Feature" of P3D. Or maybe it is the Objects themselves which cause the Effect ... but that would lead to the same else-or (outdated Files or Feature)^^

Try playing around with the Effects Parameters - some Combination of Parameters cause this. Didn't try much to hunt down which Parameter Combination it is ... started with a bare-bone file and copied over the "essentials" Parameters:

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=2.00
Radius=-1
Priority=0

[Properties]

[Emitter.0]
Lifetime=0.50, 0.50
Delay=0.00, 0.00
Rate=1.00, 1.00
Pitch=XXX, XXX
Bank=XXX, XXX
Heading=XXX, XXX

[Particle.0]
Lifetime=0.00, 0.00
Type=27
X Scale=XXX, XXX
Static=1

[ParticleAttributes.0]
Color Start = 0, 0, 0, 0
Color End = XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX
Falloff Exponent=1.00
Inner Cone Angle=XXX
Outer Cone Angle=XXX

The fourth Color End Value and Falloff Exponent might need tweaking if it is too bright / dark.
But not that I could really explain what all of this really means ... the SDK doesn't really have a good explanation on Effects.