Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Not seeing L or H vars

Hi,

I have MSFS fully updated.

I have download and installed LINDA v 4.1.2.140

I have the latest version of FSUIPC7 and the latest WASM module which is installed into my community folder.

I have enabled the WASM in FSUIPC.

In the LINDA tracer I do not see any L or H vars listed. 

Am I missing a step somewhere please?

I have tried "Reload Lvars list" and "Reload Hvars list" in Linda.

Thanks

Keith

Edited by stinger2k2

Hi Keith

There is a distinct delay after starting MSFS with an aircraft before FSUIPC7 will pick up the Lvars. If FSUIPC7 does not list the Lvars/Hvars then LINDA won’t. 

The FSUIPC7 Advanced User notes and forum refer to a FSUIPC_WASM.ini entry LvarScanDelay=. This should be added with a 45-60 sec delay. It is located in community FSUIPC-Lvars-module  

I have also found that the start order and timings are important. Just this morning I found I had to start MSFS with an aircraft and wait before starting FSUIPC7 and LINDA. Only then we’re the full list of Lvars/Hvars could be listed in Tracer and we’re readable in code.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Ok, thanks for that info. I have just rebooted everything and I can now see Lvars listed so it may have needed a reboot after enabling the WASM.

Regards

Keith

Would you mind having a look at this function code please @ScotFlieger ?

I can see the Lvars operating in the tracer when I flick the switch in the virtual cockpit but not when I flick the external switch that I have assigned my function to.

function standbybattON ()

ipc.writeLvar( "XMLVAR_STBYBattery_SwitchState", 0) 

end

function standbybattOFF

ipc.writeLvar("XMLVAR_STBYBattery_SwitchState", 1)

end

Edited by stinger2k2

They look ok to me. Not all Lvars are read/write. I tend to Watch the Lvars in Tracer. I also use Set Value to see I can control the Lvar.

All function definitions should end with () - see standbybattOFF. If you are using a VRi MCP 2 or 2a add DspShow('BATT','on') after ipc.writeLvar() line.

For testing purposes you can right-click on the function name in LINDA Editor to test the function. This saves having to assign to a button and is much quicker. Any edits must be saved and Reload LUA Engine clicked before it becomes effective.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

They look ok to me. Not all Lvars are read/write. I tend to Watch the Lvars in Tracer. I also use Set Value to see I can control the Lvar.

All function definitions should end with () - see standbybattOFF. If you are using a VRi MCP 2 or 2a add DspShow('BATT','on') after ipc.writeLvar() line.

For testing purposes you can right-click on the function name in LINDA Editor to test the function. This saves having to assign to a button and is much quicker. Any edits must be saved and Reload LUA Engine clicked before it becomes effective.

Thanks. I have it partially working now. The switch moves to the On position in the virtual cockpit now. At the moment I can't get it to stay there though without it reverting to the off position. Using "On repeat" doesn't help. I will persevere.

Is the switch spring loaded? I would definitely not use OnRepeat. It will overload the processing. What aircraft are you trying to program?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

48 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Is the switch spring loaded? I would definitely not use OnRepeat. It will overload the processing. What aircraft are you trying to program?

No, not a spring loaded switch. It is the Standbay Battery Switch for the Longitude.

I see 3 Lvars

XMLVAR_BatterySTBY_SwitchState

XMLVAR_STBYBattery_IsHeld

XMLVAR_STBYBattery_Test

When the switch in the VC is flicked up to the On position I see the "SwitchState" Lvar change from 1 to 0 (and stay at 0) . At the same time the "Is held" Lvar goes from 0 to 1 momentarily, then back to 0. Nothing happens to the third Lvar.

I have tried various combinations in my function using the two Lvars without success.

Cheers

Keith

Edited by stinger2k2

Ok, further info....

This is what should be happening and is what my function looks like.

function standbybattON ()

ipc.writeLvar("XMLVAR_BatterySTBY_SwitchState", 0)

ipc.writeLvar("XMLVAR_STBYBattery_IsHeld", 1)

Pic.writeLvar("XMLVAR_STBYBattery_IsHeld, 0)

end

When I use the tracer to view the Lua being operated by my switch I never see all three lines run at once. Sometimes I see just the SwitchState line, then another time I will see the other two together,  and sometimes nothing at all happens. Odd.

Edited by stinger2k2

The Tracer watched variables only update once a sec.

Remember, that Lvars are not the only useable interface option. Lvars and offsets are primarily used to read values and determining the state of a switch; some do allow you to set but this can be only the underlying value and it may not move the actual switch in cockpit. Look at the Controls, Hvars and Events to trigger switch operation. These tend to be more reliable for moving switches but can not receive data. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for pointing me away from the Lvars. After spending best part of the day trying to get them to work I dug deeper into the xml gauge file and found a simple event that operated it.(BATTERY3_SET) 🙄

The only switch/button that I have left to assign is the Bus Tie and it looks as though that is unassignable at present. (B: variable?). Not too bothered about that one as it doesn't throw up a CAS warning message on the PFD.

Regards

Keith

• Upvote 1