Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

basic flight plan question

Hi All

I am new to LN so please bear with me.

I have been through the manual but everything seems to point to the need to locate your departure airport on the map . Is there a way to enter the departure airport town or ICAO code in one of the UI boxes so that it then takes me to that point on the map?

Thank you

You can use the airport search (quickest way to get there is F4, see shortcuts in in menu "Window") and enter the airport id, name or whatever. Right click on the airport in the result list and select as departure or destination.

You can also use "Flight Plan" -> "New Flight Plan from Route Description" and enter a string like "EDDF LIRF" to get a simple plan.

See the tutorials which are linked in the help menu of LNM. These should help to get a bit familiar with the program.

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

You can use the airport search (quickest way to get there is F4, see shortcuts in in menu "Window") and enter the airport id, name or whatever. Right click on the airport in the result list and select as departure or destination.

You can also use "Flight Plan" -> "New Flight Plan from Route Description" and enter a string like "EDDF LIRF" to get a simple plan.

See the tutorials which are linked in the help menu of LNM. These should help to get a bit familiar with the program.

Alex

Many thanks Alex