Sign in to follow this  
fbass

FSX SP1 and scenery packages

Now that Service Pack 1 is out I thought it would be useful to look at some of the scenery packages various developers have made for FSX. There have been enough changes to FSX (SP1) that there may be a number of modifications to these packages that need to be addressed by the developers. Note: These results are applicable to my system ONLY. Your visuals may differ based on configuration and system specs. Also, a number of these packages exhibit strange behavior when they initialize - green runways and night lights that are on in the daytime. Regarding the green runway texture - it disappears when you change view.FORMAT - Country of Origin, Airport Name, City, ICAO, DeveloperBOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA Mostar Apt Mostar (LQMO) Drobun - No discrenable graphical problems; loads properly.CANADA Kelowna Apt Kelowna British Columbia (CYLW) Baum - No discrenable graphical problems; loads properly.COLUMBIA Eldorado Intl Bogota (SKBO) VirCOL - This package will not load on my system. I tried it twice and the scenery progression bar reached between 60 and 68% and stops loading.ESTONIA Tallinn Apt Tallinn [EETN] Neznamov - This scenery causes FSX to crash to the desktop.MEXICO Cancun Intl Cancun (MMUN) TropicalSim - This scenery loaded but when I tried to change the view to spot plane, FSX crashed to the desktop.PUERTO RICO Luis Munoz Marin Intl San Juan (TJSJ) Young - No discrenable graphical problems; loads properly.SPAIN Fuerteventura Apt Fuerteventura (GCFV) Agramont - This package has a number of discernable graphical problems. The airport looks like it sits on top of a table-mesa; the airport grounds do not mesh with surrounding scenery; there are quite a number of buildings off in the desert by themselves; night lighting is on during the daytime.UNITED KINGDOM Alderney Apt Jersey Island (EGJA) Clayton - Loads properly and visuals are good. Night lights are on in the daytime.UNITED KINGDOM Glasgow Intl Scotland (EGPF) UK2000 - No discrenable graphical problems; loads properly.UNITED KINGDOM Guernsey Apt Guernsey (EGJB) Clayton - Loads properly and visuals are good. Night lights are on in the daytime.UNITED KINGDOM Jersey Apt Jersey (EGJJ) Clayton - Loads properly and visuals are good. Night lights are on in the daytime.UNITED KINGDOM Liverpool John Lennon Apt (EGGP) Derbyshire - No discrenable graphical problems; loads properly.UNITED KINGDOM Stansted Apt London (EGSS) UK2000 - This package loads properly but there are a number of vehicle problems. When I tookoff from the main runway there was a fuel truck in the middle of the runway - it was not moving. In addition, there were a number of airport veihcles strewn out in the grass on the right side of the main runway.USA Raleigh Durham Intl Raleigh-Durham North Carolina (KRDU) Villegas - No discrenable graphical problems; loads properly.Hope this is useful.fb

Guest markimmortal

I installed version 0.43 of Tallinn, Estonia by Neznamov last night. It didn't cause FSX to crash as the post above claims. I have FSX Deluxe installed with SP1.My girlfriend is from Tallinn and having visited a few times I can say that this airport scenery is really good. :)/Mark.

""MEXICO Cancun Intl Cancun (MMUN) TropicalSim - This scenery loaded but when I tried to change the view to spot plane, FSX crashed to the desktop.""Hi 'fb' how are you?Just 3 or 4 days after we released Canc