Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Built-in web server and iPad secondary screen issues

As a newcomer to LNM, I am greatly impressed. I have just one issue with it.
After searching the Forum extensively, I am now submitting this topic.

I am trying to to use an iPad (iPad Air, iOS 12.5.5) connected via a high-speed Wi-Fi link, as a second screen for the Map And Flight Plan windows.
Using the built-in web server, I can actually connect the iPad and display the live map.
However:

1- the buttons along the top side of the web page (selecting Map, Flight Plan, Progress …) are not visible/chopped on my iPad;

2- updating the map on the main LNM window is not always reflected on the iPad (with 1s auto-refresh enabled);

3- resizing/rescaling the LNM window is not reflected on the iPad, and

4- resizing directly the iPad map yields poor resolution, blurred images.

In fact, the two images of the same map (on the PC and on the iPad) are similar, but definitely not equivalent.

Comments:
-- wondering whether this can be ascribed to display limitations of the iPad, I tested on it other applications (Spacedesk, AirMate, …) which display a moving map: the quality of the image perfect. So the tablet should be fine;
-- some of these limitations do appear already in the web page on the PC.

I am aware that the manual stipulates that “this functionality is limited”. However, I believe that the graphics of the web server page is of insufficient quality, even with the box referring to high-quality displays being checked (I am using a 4k 48” screen).

As a suggestion/improvement, barring mistakes on my side, I would like to have a real, high-quality copy of at least the native Map on the secondary screen.
The FlightPlan window etc. would be an additional bonus, as per current LNM capability.

Thank you for suggestions and consideration,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

Hi Giorgio,

I passed the message  it to the authorities. 🙂

Did you try the legacy mode? If you cannot get to the menu in the web interface simply use something like  http://YOURCOMPUTERNAME:8965/legacy.html

Alex

Alex,
thank you so much for the prompt reply.

I tried the legacy: partly OK, but the image quality is still somewhat lacking.
Indeed, with a more recent iPad Pro (borrowed) most of the issues disappear.

Thanks,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

Alex, Thank you. I was having an issue connecting my iPad. The addition of legacy.html worked for me too. Great program! 

• Upvote 1