Sign in to follow this  
Sdatch

GPS is not reflecting correct position (resolved)

XPlane 11.55 with RealityXP Garmin GTN 750/650 2.5.28.6. The GTN650 GPS shows me 0.5 miles away from my location. The location is accurate on Foreflight which is getting the location from XPlane11. How do I correct this issue? I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Garmin Trainer and RealityXP and installed GTN with the trainer option. 

The GPS used to be accurate. I cannot tell when this stopped working properly. I suspect and update.  

Hi,

This is peculiar indeed.

- What location is this more specifically?
- Is there any chance you could post side-by-side screenshots?
- Did you by any chance enable a few GPS failures which are meant to alter the accuracy?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Xplane is telling ForeFlight that the coordinates are  35.21N 84.80W which is accurate at KRZR

GTN 750 says the coordinates are: 35.12N 84.47W which is 0.3 miles from KRZR

Is there a Dataref problem? Both Foreflight and GTN 750 show the altitude as 832' which is accurate for field altitude.

No failures have been enabled.

Really could use some support on this issue. How to troubleshoot?

How do I confirm what dataref is being used by GTN and which should it use from XPlane 11?

How can I downgrade to a previous version?

I have turned on both 750 and 650. The 650 is showing the correct location while the 750 is not. Please help correct this issue on the 750.

Hi,

I've been looking at potential explanations but there is none that I can think of at this stage, especially given both the GTN 650 and GTN 750 are using the same database files, except a corruption in the GTN non-volatile memory file.

I'd suggest you do the following:

- Read the RXP GTN User's Manual chapter "Device Embedded Memory" p18

- Make a backup of the non volatile memory file corresponding to the GTN 750 unit you're using (different files for unit1 and unit2)

- Delete the file and load the aircraft with the GTN so that it re-creates a genuine one.

Hopefully this will solve the problem.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

The issue appears to be with GTN 1. Regardless of the GTN model that I put in GTN1 it shows the wrong position. But if I put GTN 650 or 750 in GTN 2 it displays the correct position. I need the GPS to work in GTN 1 because that drives my G5 display for localizer and glide slope/vertical (using Air Manager 4.1.1)

@Sdatch have you tried re-constructing the non volatile memory file?