Sign in to follow this  
Cloudflyer

Dreamfleet aircraft and V2 compatability

I have a few Dreamfleet aircraft and primarily use the Piper Dakota. System is WinXP, SP3 and FS2004 (9.1) The aircraft were designed with the RealityXP gauges and GNS430 units.

Is the new RXP GNS 430W V2 a direct replacement for this aircraft?

The original Dakota has a database of 8 Aug 02 and is non WAAS (V3.0)

Will the new GPS work, is it an easy installation?

Hi,

You're reviving good souvenirs of the past!

I don't believe you can drop-in replace this very old GNS at all, the gauges IIRC are all designed to work together in this aircraft, and even if they could be split apart, these are even pre-WAAS GNS gauges with a totally different implementation regarding the aircraft and the simulator (unlike our GNS WAAS Legacy - the one before GNS V2).

At this stage, I guess it might be time to upgrade to a newer simulator and aircraft maybe?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for the reply Jean-Luc. Who was the one that integrated Reality-RP gauges into this aircraft originally?

I'm sure there are people like me that have invested much time and money into FS9. It's still my go to sim for procedural flying and the Dakota has been tweaked for the most realistic flight dynamics. I do have other newer sims but they have some drawbacks I'm not happy with.

Sorry to hear the 430 WAAS will not work, although the original GPS is adequate. Would have been nice to get LPV approaches like the real thing.

Do you know if installing the "newer" Garmin 400/500 trainer in this sim would at least update the database somewhat, or would that open up a can of worms?

Thanks,

Michael