Sign in to follow this  
pannellg

Possible to add GA aircraft to PSXT in MSFS 2020?

I just installed PSXT version 31.0.1 beta, and RealTraffic 9.0.176.  I previously downloaded IVAO Altitude (ivao_x-csl) and used that with AIG Traffic Controller and I have that installed.  But that IVAO file does not include any GA  ai aircraft.  I have now been using PSXT and RealTraffic almost exclusively, and have enjoyed it.  I would like to figure out how to inject GA aircraft for use in PSXT to go along with the commercial aircraft that PSXT uses.  Is there something in the instructions that I've missed? 

From my Log.txt:

STOCK_AIRPORTS_PATH=C:\Users\jerom\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base
afolder0=F:\MSFS Recommended Content\Community
afolder1=F:\MSFS Recommended Content\Official\Steam
afolder2=
afolder3=
afolder4=
afolder5=
afolder6=
afolder7=
afolder8=
afolder9=
INSTALL_PATH=C:\PSXT_MSFS
FLIGHTPLANS_FOLDER=
HIGH_PERF_AIRCRAFT=false
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=true
HELICOPTERS=false

and from my liveries summary...

********************************************** liveries summary **********************************************
2079 liveries
0 registration codes
594 unique airlines, 14 unique aircraft types
40 similar type definitions
Generic liveries for 14 types
No livery found in aircraft category Light
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=false
Extra category Light deselected while there are no Light liveries
No livery found in aircraft category Small
1518 pax and 0 cargo liveries in aircraft category Large
561 pax and 0 cargo liveries in aircraft category Heavy
No livery found in aircraft category High_Perf
No livery found in aircraft category Heli

Thanks for your help,

Garland

No you have not missed a thing, you have checked Light aircraft in the UI, thats ok.

However, you have to install GA aircraft in your Sim first before PSXT can inject these aircraft, but I don't think they are in AIG (yet)

Edited by kiek

On 3/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, kiek said:

No you have not missed a thing, you have checked Light aircraft in the UI, thats ok.

However, you have to install GA aircraft in your Sim first before PSXT can inject these aircraft, but I don't think they are in AIG (yet)

Kiek,

Is there another way to install GA aircraft in MSFS 2020 other than through AIG?

Thanks for your help.

Garland

Yes there are.

You can convert GA aircraft for FSX / P3D to MSFS yourself... ( very difficult).

Although not recommended,  you can use the user flyable GA aircraft that are standard in or added to MSFS. This is not so difficult, but maybe other users here can step in how to do that.