Sign in to follow this  
brunobl

Program crashes trying to write .INI file

Hello,

As the title says.

The LNM program is crashing when I exit the application, with the message:

"Error writing to settings file "c:/Users/Bruno/Appdata\Roaming/ABarthel/littlenavmap.ini" reason 1

I thought this might be a permissions issue from the file being in ..\appdata\roaming, etc, so I tried to add write permissions to "everyone" and also to "all application packages" to this folder, to no avail.

If anyone has seen this before, could you please give me a clue to what this might be and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Bruno.

Edited by brunobl
fixed typos

Hi Bruno,

this might be a permission problem. It can happen, for example, if you first run the program as admin and later as normal user.

Try to delete or rename the whole ABarthel folder. Then install LNM in a normal folder where you have full permissions in your home like "C:\Users\YOURLOGIN\My Programs". Do not install LNM in a restricted folder like "C:\Program Files".

Another reason might an anti-virus blocking the file.

Alex

I have the same error as Bruno "Error writing to settings file "c:/Users/Bruno/Appdata\Roaming/ABarthel/littlenavmap.ini" reason 1

This is a new install of LNM v2.16.19 to Win10 pro 10.0.19042 build 19042

I have full control of ABarthel folder and the LNM folder and both those folders are excluded in my AV software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

8 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Any suggestions?

As said above: Anti-virus or permission problem.

Try to remove the ABarthel folder and reinstall LNM in another folder like Desktop and try again.

Alex

After some more research it appears there's a problem with my login account which I need to investigate.

A newly created account runs LNM without a problem.

10 hours ago, Vulcan said:

After some more research it appears there's a problem with my login account which I need to investigate.

I see. Does your login account actually own the folder Roaming? This can cause the issue (and many more).

Alex

Yes it does. However I've created another user and transferred the properties of the original user and the new user can run LNM without a problem.

The original user account had other issues which were only visible under certain conditions so the easiest solution was to migrate everything over to a new user 

• Like 1