Sign in to follow this  
homemonster

Can't install 414AW, setup can't create folder

I've had this issue with other add-ons installing to msfs2020 community folder, so I've had to revert to using MSFS Add-On Linker, which works great, but since the Flysimware 414AW installer doesn't allow for other install folders, I can't install my purchase. Now before everyone suggests verifying Regedit or GPEdit entries for long file names, that's already been done, as has rebuilding permissions for msfs install folder, verifying drive integrity. MSFS works fine, shortcuts  created from Add-on linker are installed correctly. If have done everything on every website I can think of, but still can't install this software. Flysimware as are many other add-on providers are aware of this issue, as they suggest contacting their customer support for a workarounds. So far, I've not heard from them, other than to say, check that long file names are enabled, which as I said, has been done.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Update, folders are created correctly, but installs stops at this point > "Community\flysimware-cessna-414a\html_u\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\flysimware_Cessna414A\pms50_gtn750_int <------

I don't the pms_gtn750, installed directly to the Community folder, but on another drive and then linked to the community folder with MSFS Add-On Linker.

Thanks

I feel your pain, I too have been having the same problem not being able to install.

On my end I narrowed it down to the irsetup exe, file in the temp folder during install not being extracted.

Not that it will necessarily be of help to you, I get an event 1000 error from the win 10 event log.

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Error 

- EventID 1000 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Version 0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2022-04-08T04:10:23.0137217Z 

EventRecordID 11726 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  0 
   [ ThreadID]  0 

Channel Application 

Computer DESKTOP-RNCTV8I 

Security 

- EventData 

irsetup.exe 
   5c2e5626 
   irsetup.exe 
   5c2e5626 
   c0000409 
   001b8624 
   01d84afe8a1eec7a 
   C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0\irsetup.exe 
   C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0\irsetup.exe 
   57522635-5112-4e6b-a625-97c309578973. 

I've been in constant communication with FSW for weeks now and no resolution yet for me.

I've resolved myself to the fact that I'll probably have to get a refund then go the way of the Marketplace in MSFS.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hope a resolution can be found.

Edited by christb

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

I had this issue with the install also. What fixed it for me was right clicking the installer, go to properties, security, edit the permissions and allow full control. Once I did that the installer executed with no issues. 

will try. 

thanks

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

will try. 

thanks

Tried your suggestion, unfortunately no joy.

I to try your solution, and thanks for the input, but no joy for me either. Installer dies trying to create "Flysimware_Cessna_414A\pms50_gtn750" in the Community folder. I to have received a fix from FSW. Will have to get a refund.

Thanks