Sign in to follow this  
hangar

This VR Combat Sim is Fun!

I have posted this elsewhere in another thread, but it was really off-topic and thought it should have it's own thread here in the VR section. I'll just paste it below for those of you who might be interested in knowing about it:

For those of you who'd like to experience some flying using only your VR hand controllers, and not being forced to use your mouse & flightsim hardware, give VTOL VR a try.

It's something like a "lite" version of DCS, but was built specifically for vr from the ground up. This means that every switch, knob, dial and control surface in your cockpit is interactive and all cockpit instrumentation and textual displays are clear and easy to read. It comes with a host of tutorials as well to get you acquainted with engine startup, flying, controls, weapon systems, and even carrier ops and mid-air refueling. It also has a free roam mode for times when you just feel like flying and not doing a mission. It also has Coop MP/ shared cockpit, and also PvP modes, if you like. 

It's more than worth the $30. In fact I'm planning on buying the attack chopper DLC after I get my head wrapped around the default aircraft it came with.

It's a sim, so the physics are there and you'll really need to get familiar with all the radar and weapons systems, but at the same time it's probably a bit more simcade as the systems are not 100% accurate as in DCS so it would make a perfect fit for those that want a "lite" sim that is very immersive yet will respect your time just a little bit more than DCS. Give it a try, for a VR sim it allows you to control everything freely without needing to always feel around for your hardware.

For Quest 2 owners...you can buy it on Steam (pcvr) and play it tethered or using your Airlink connection (wifi). I have a new wifi 6 router with 160Hz band so Airlink works flawlessly for me with this title.