Sign in to follow this  
huha001

Questions on gauges : copyright and element grouping

I do have 2 questions on my first gauge design:

1) Are your AAO gauges copyright proteced or can users reuse/modify them and publish on flightsim.to?

2) Does AAO support grouping of elements? This would enable a more performance friendly programming of the visible property based on groups. The general syntax of elements does enable nesting, but when i tried, it did not work or I used the wrong format.

1. The gauges that are part of the retail package are covered by the same license restrictions as the program itself. You can of course re-use their code, there isn't much to it, but the graphics have been made by a third party. For your private use you can do with them whatever you want, but you can't publish that. The freeware gauges from the AAO site are free to use and modify.

2. I can't say that I have seen this before, is grouping part of the official XML gauge specification (FS9, FSX, MSFS)? In AAO "nesting" is not possible. I just posted the XSD in another thread, maybe that will clear things up:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d86f9ywuyq0ykfw/LorbyGauge.xsd?dl=0

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the clarification and the link. I was interested in the altimeter and needles .png files, but will make my own now. Good news for me was that i can use the screws and instrument panel from the AAO site.