Sign in to follow this  
flightjunkiechicago

Real=true ... how does it work?

I've been running the Learner app 24/7 (typically, choosing to do Asian airports while I sleep and adding 3-5 airports at a time like VHHH,WSSS,RPLL,RJAA,RCTP) and choosing Real Only in the UI.

However, the files generated by in the parked_updates folder still have airplanes assigned to parking spaces and the file has a real=false header, and airplanes are parked at the wrong real-world locations.

Am I doing something wrong?

16 hours ago, flightjunkiechicago said:

Am I doing something wrong?

That depends on what you want...

If you only want PSXT or Learner to add correct (the real live aircraft really parked there) parking options to the airport file you should tick real in the UI when the airport file is loaded or set parameter real_only=1 in the parameters block of the airport file with an editor:

<parameter name="real_only" value="1" />

Otherwise you will -also- get parking options of airlines+types that were visiting the airport around that time but for which the parking position is not known and therefore randomly chosen.

However, you can always set real later on, and then PSXT will not use the options in your file with real=false when generating static parked aircraft. PsXT will even remove these real=false entries from your file automatically if the REMOVE_FALSE_THRESHOLD value (a hidden parameter)  has been reached. 

Read all about this in the Chapter about Learning in the Manual.

Edited by kiek

8 hours ago, kiek said:

That depends on what you want...

If you only want PSXT or Learner to add correct (the real live aircraft really parked there) parking options to the airport file you should tick real in the UI when the airport file is loaded or set parameter real_only=1 in the parameters block of the airport file with an editor:

<parameter name="real_only" value="1" />

Otherwise you will -also- get parking options of airlines+types that were visiting the airport around that time but for which the parking position is not known and therefore randomly chosen.

However, you can always set real later on, and then PSXT will not use the options in your file with real=false when generating static parked aircraft. PsXT will even remove these real=false entries from your file automatically if the Threshold value (set by the hidden parameter) has been reached. 

Read all about this in the Chapter about Learning in the Manual.

Thanks. I did set Real in the UI when I added the multiple airports in Learner, but my observation after many hours is when the file is generated in parked_updates, there are still entries in the file at certain parking positions where real=false (and incorrect parking positions for a given airline) is present. That's why I was wondering if I did anything wrong.

25 minutes ago, flightjunkiechicago said:

. That's why I was wondering if I did anything wrong.

That's most likely indeed.

With multiple airports and starting new you must take into account that each fresh airport file contains real_only=0. When the airport file is loaded, that value is used to set the checkbox value in the Learner UI. So if you have ticked  the Real only check box after the first airport was loaded and you then walked away, the next airport will have reset the checkbox...

You can only do a multiple airport run with Real=true if all files already have been set to real=1 ...