Sign in to follow this  
money

Trouble Installing Garmin 430 plug-in -FSX SE

I have a similar issue. ANy pointers would be appreciated. 

I just re-downloaded the 430 Reality XP add-on for FSX steam edition. THis is a freshly installed windows 10, with a freshly installed FSX steam edition and a freshly installed Reality XP 430 add-on. 

It won't work, and I everytime I try to click on add-ons -> Reality XP GNS -> setup aircraft, I get a smaller black window in the corner of my screen and FS freezes. The only way I have to close the flight sim is by the task manager from there. I tried re-installing a few times, I still can't find a way for it to work at all. 

Thanks for any Help,

Hi,

I have been trying to install reality XP garmin 430 plug-in on FSX steam edition and I can't get it to work. 

I tried re-installing it a few times, and I am not getting anywhere. Every time I try to open de configuration oage in FSX under the plug-in menu the screen 

reduces from full screen to a blacked out windowed screen and I have to close flight sim using the task manager on Windows. I am Using Windows 10, my

OS and FSX are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi,

It looks like the settings window fails to display "above" the FSX window for an unknown reason. It could be an external window management tool causing this or whatever else running on your system, or even another FSX module maybe?!

You might want to try manually exiting full screen mode first (ALT+ENTER), then open the settings, and once done, re-enter full screen mode manually (ALT-ENTER).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you. I was on the verge of asking the same question when I stumbled upon this thread. I don't remember having much trouble when I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on the same computer but moving to a new computer with Windows 11 really made me work for it. Once I was able to configure it, another minor inconvenience surfaced. On the old computer, shift+3 opened the 530. On the new computer it gives me the 500. Shift+8 now gives me the 530.  I don't remember ever seeing the 500 on the old machine. That may just be a difference in the selected aircraft or I have forgotten that I had remapped it.