Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Help - Throttle issues

I was flying around the Sunshine Coast up in Queensland this morning and I sent myself up for a landing and the throttle on my Airbus TCA stick went non responsive. Although I throttled right back to idle my engine just increased speed to maximum. I tried a couple of other planes with the same result. Using the keyboard it was the same. A tad disconcerting. Even with full brakes on my plane seemed not to want to stop. Anyone else had this phenomenon and know how to fix it please?

Any duplicate controller settings assigned?  Any button (new or previous) now assigned to TOGO?

I know after other updates changes were inexplicably to the controller assignments and sensitivities by the dev team forcing users to change/update their previous profiles.  I haven't heard of any after SU9, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Regards, Kendall

Thank you for your reply Kendall. I cannot see any changes in configuration or assignments it just does not work anymore. I have flown in external view and watching the throttle and it is showing some real anomalies. Tried reversing the axis and deletion the config files and rebooting a few times and changing the flight stick over to a spare. I even offloaded the Boeing 247D which was my latest purchase because I know it "remembers" settings from previous flights.

Next step is to try it on the main PC instead of this laptop. If similar problems occur there then I guess uninstall MSFS and re install? 

Edited by AOB
  • Like 1

Ahh, a laptop.  I'm wondering if your USB settings are allowing the controller to sleep to conserve battery?  Go into the windows power settings and select change plan settings, select change advanced power settings, go to usb selective suspend setting and choose never. 

Additionally, you can choose to go to windows Device mgr > Usb controllers and you can right click each entry > properties > power management tab > uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device".

Doing so could affect your battery life on the lappy but if you're operating tethered, no worries.  Up to you.  This seems like a hardware issue so reinstalling sim would be last thing I'd try.  Driver refresh would be next.

Hope it helps.  Cheers.

Regards, Kendall

Thanks I have reset the USB settings as you suggested. "My" (the wife works from home and therefore I have been exiled to my laptop when she is home) main computer is working fine by the way so I realise it is to do with this laptop.