Sign in to follow this  

I use LNM to make a ILS or RNAV flight plan with Sids & stars and when I load it into MSFS2020 the flight plan is there without the SIDs and StARs and just the basic route shown. Also, the only part of the flight plan is in the departure box and that is the starting gate the departure runway, arrival and approach are all shown as automatic. Can someone tell me where I have gone wrong.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Correction to topic title.

@Capt Frank, I have corrected your post and deleted your second highlighting the typo.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Capt Frank,

I'll move your post to the LNM forum. You should get an answer there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/10/2022 at 10:21 AM, Capt Frank said:

I use LNM to make a ILS or RNAV flight plan with Sids & stars and when I load it into MSFS2020 the flight plan is there without the SIDs and StARs and just the basic route shown. Also, the only part of the flight plan is in the departure box and that is the starting gate the departure runway, arrival and approach are all shown as automatic. Can someone tell me where I have gone wrong.

MSFS has all kind of issues loading flight plans (see pinned post in this forum).

Most important is that that the navdata in LNM and MSFS matches. See here for correct scenery library modes: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/SCENERY.html?highlight=msfs#microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-airports-and-navdata

Also make sure that you do not export FSX/P3D plans which do not contain procedure information.

If all fails you can post a flight plan example.

Alex

HI. Thank you for your response. How do I know that LNM is running the latest navigraph fms data manager?  I believe this is automatically updated or do I need to do something?

I'm an older user, 73 year old, and do not have the know how to check a lot of these things.

This is the extract I am referring to in the LNM docs.

"Use the Navigraph navdata update for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to update the scenery library to the latest and also to keep Little Navmap and MSFS navdata synchronized. This will reduce issues when loading flight plans into the simulator."

Do I need to sign up and pay a subscription to get any updates from Navigraph for LNM?

58 minutes ago, Capt Frank said:

Do I need to sign up and pay a subscription to get any updates from Navigraph for LNM?

You need a subscription to get updates.

But this is not required. You can also use the MSFS navdata as provided by Asobo if you switch to "Do not use Navigraph Database" in the scenery library menu.

Alex

Ok. Thank you for clearing about navigraph. How do I know if LNM needs an update from Navigraph?  Also, I will try using the Asobo in msfsf2020 but I'm doubtful this will solve the issue of MSF not showing the SIDs and Star's, I will try and let you know, Thank you for bearing with me.

Navigraph data is updated about monthly.

Really check if you do not export FSX/P3D plans accidentally. This could be the issue. Use LNM main menu -> "File" -> "Export Flight Plan as MSFS 2020 PLN" to be sure.

Also look if nothing is checked in "File" -> "Export options".

Alex

Hi. I do use file: export flight plan as msfs2020 PLN.

Everything is checked in File: "Export Options" , is this correct? I have tried using the "do not use navigraph database" and used the flight sim and this worked ok with LNM.

Once again, thank you for persevering with me i do appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, Capt Frank said:

Everything is checked in File: "Export Options" , is this correct?

No. Uncheck these. LNM does not export procedures with these options checked.

Alex

2 hours ago, Capt Frank said:

OK. It all seems to work now. I am using the" Dont use Navigraph" option. 

Perfect. 🙂

This might have caused the issues if you use the included old AIRAC cycle where navaids do not match MSFS navaids.

Alex