Sign in to follow this  
Guest unitedpilot36

First ejoyable FSX flight

Hi all,Well today I did my first really enjoyable FSX flight. I've had FSX since we got our AVSIM copy, but never really sat down and done a complete flight to enjoy it. Of course, I was waiting for SP1...Today I took my ** P-51H from KSEA to KJAC (..I think, Jacksons Hole anyway). Beautiful mountains!! Of course, KSEA was, well, slow!!From Jacksons Hole it was dusk flight to KLAS. Not much to see of course and again slow KLAS. Still, it was playable and I enjoyed FSX for the first time.And my blurries: I'm happy to report, that they are much decreased. Not absent, SP1 is still more blurry-prone than RTM, but my latest settings has done wonders.If you're interested, what I did was: 1) Delete FSX.CFG. I think I might have had some conflicting tweaks.2) Terrain_radius = large3) Autogen OFF, water = 1-high. Generally I've throttled back on ALL sliders.4) AA=OFF, Filter=ANISO (Drivers have AA=2, ANISO=8), 1280*1024*2 (= dual monitor).In flight, I could get around 35 FPS, so I have limited FPS to 21.I think, this is as far as I can get with my gear :-violin (P4/3GHz/HT, 3GB ram, ATI X1950PRO)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice, I just started buzzing around Jackson Hole in the past few days, with FS Genesis Mesh it's simply incredible.:-eek I know how ya feel though, I was getting horrid blurries up until a week ago when I had a major breakthrough. I still get bad blurries if I go any faster then 200 kts. :-boom